• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    First car I bought was a '73 Omega ordered with high speed rear end, orange with the Landau roof. Built out and installed the 8 track system myself.

One time made it from where I lived east of Houston to my sister's door in Dallas in three hours flat. Loved that car.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Or should this go in the Jeep thread...
    242316089_10220362316627415_2052214837689757648_n.jpg

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    View attachment 161350

Had one of these in 1974 before I went in the Marines. First car with air conditioning for me, swear it would make ice cubes. Rear seats folded forward for lots of room in the back, saw some action.... My dad got after me, he found foot prints on the headliner....:dunno:

Don
    Had an 8 track I installed. I worked at an IH truck dealer at the time. IH actually sold an 8 track for trucks, it was built like a tank, weighed 6-8 lbs. It probably outlasted the Gremlin.

Don

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    View attachment 161350

Had one of these in 1974 before I went in the Marines. First car with air conditioning for me, swear it would make ice cubes. Rear seats folded forward for lots of room in the back, saw some action.... My dad got after me, he found foot prints on the headliner....:dunno:

Don
    I actually bought one of these new in '73. Bright red with white stripes, looked like a little circus wagon. It had a 304 V8 with 3.54 rear-end and was surprisingly quick.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Did you ever see that episode of "American dad" where they cloned a dodo bird and it kept blundering around nearly killing itself and Stan kept having to save it? That's how I view guys on street bikes.
    No I never saw it. :)
    I do know when I ride my motorcycle with ATGATT, I ride assuming nobody sees me and everybody is out to get me.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I guess this story should go in the Military BS thread, but I'm too lazy to search for it: A guy in my unit was transferred to Alaska. One of the secretaries in the unit knitted him a, uh, "warmer" specially designed for the male anatomy that looked like what's in the picture above except it also had a pouch for the boys as well. And it was bright red. At the guy's going away party, when the MC gave it to him, the MC said "don't worry, if you wash it in hot water and dry it on high heat it will shrink to fit." He accepted his gift, turned to the woman who knitted it, and said "Whenever I wear this I will always think of you."

This was pre-woke USAF, of course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom