Terre Haute
    1624126490_zwzhh71362.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Had a guy do that with ridge vent on a house. I hired him because I didn't have the time to do the roof, not because I didn't know how.

His reasoning was that it was getting ready to rain and he was going to pull it back off and cut the roof the next day.

I let him go with no labor payment. Then found where he put decking on another section and didn't cut the wood to end on the rafters, just let it go wherever it wanted.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Actually funny, but not funny. Especially when it has happened to you. In 95 at my old house when I added a 24x30 garage to my home, a not to be mentioned (although I think they are out of business now) contractor did this to not one, but two powered roof vents on a total new construction.

Imagine the look on their eyes when I told them that I knew what they had done, was asked how I would know that.

I walked them inside the garage and lowered the attic access door, idiot drilled a hole for the wiring to come through the roof right above the door.

Made them rip the roofing off down the the fan line and re install the fans right and finish the job. I had to file a lawsuit against them before I sold the house to get the roof repaired, Had a no sag guarantee on the roof, and they wanted to fight me one it. They ended up having to tear they entire top half of the garage off, made them use engineered trusses to correct the issue.

At least the purchaser of my old house got to enjoy it, even though they have trashed the house. When Mrs. IBM passed away 4 years ago I thought about buying the house back, that was until I seen how much they had let it run down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom