Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That would be different but should be good. I haven't looked into it. Is a riser needed/available?

I put a riser on CKW's mini AR to make it easier on her. I want to co-witness this rifle with the front sight. There will be some science involved.

I have contacted Alan at AA optics and he is flat out of red dot optics, Sold his normal years supply in 6 months. So I am scrambling.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well it is 3:45 AM and I am drawing plans for the swingset enhancement. Cant sleep. World has left its original orbit and we are now in the TwiLite zone.

This is what I am starting with....
    Raising the top bar on the swings from 8' to 12 ft.

0kv0h3V.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I put a riser on CKW's mini AR to make it easier on her. I want to co-witness this rifle with the front sight. There will be some science involved.

I have contacted Alan at AA optics and he is flat out of red dot optics, Sold his normal years supply in 6 months. So I am scrambling.

Changed my mind ion the C-More. It is not strong enough for conflict.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Well it is 3:45 AM and I am drawing plans for the swingset enhancement. Cant sleep. World has left its original orbit and we are now in the TwiLite zone.

This is what I am starting with....
    Raising the top bar on the swings from 8' to 12 ft.

0kv0h3V.jpg

It is very bright out at your house at 3:45am. The sun sleeps in a little later in Lafayette.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Morning.

I caved last night. I ordered some parts for my Scorpion. I only went with the different safety selectors, magazine release, and the reduced weight trigger springs. The safety selector will be setup for a left handed shooter, but will also accommodate a right handed shooter as well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Gun money spends differently than other money. I’ll hold off on putting a $900 bed cover on my truck, despite how useful it would be, but have no problem dropping $1200 on another AR build despite having a closet full of them already. A $1200 wheel/tire package for the Spider will get thought about for years while I struggle with parting with the cash but show me a $1700 1911 and I have no issue with spending.

I’ve been thinking about a computer upgrade and just have trouble parting with the cash but if it were an AR, I’d have 3 of them by now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, I just find it funny because computers were my passion for so long and I used to drop hundreds or thousands of dollars on them every 2 years or so. My current system has had some minor upgrades over the years, but the core components have been the same for 10+ years. I'm just worried that I'll drop $700 or so and not really notice much difference. That would make me sad.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Yeah, I just find it funny because computers were my passion for so long and I used to drop hundreds or thousands of dollars on them every 2 years or so. My current system has had some minor upgrades over the years, but the core components have been the same for 10+ years. I'm just worried that I'll drop $700 or so and not really notice much difference. That would make me sad.

I think that will depend on what you are doing with it. My desktop gets used for a lot of things, but mainly computer gaming. I noticed a difference with some of the games I play. Now that said, I had already gone to an SSD in the old computer, and the games that would benefit from being on an SSD were already there, but now I have a M2 SSD, instead of a SATA SSD. So a little speed boost with that change. The upgrade in processor and extra memory (going from 24GB to 32GB) has made a little difference as well.

I don't notice any real changes with Web Browsing or opening spreadsheets/word documents. I do notice it with iTunes, even though my library is hosted on the NAS.

I also understand, I used to upgrade processor & motherboard every 3 years, video was upgraded every 2 years. However the past few years there hasn't really been anything pushing the processor, unless it is virtualization.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I started posting about CZs on here a few years ago it was very rare to find anyone that owned one. Now it seems like they are all over the place. So, my question is, when did you succumb to the Czickness? What made you buy one? How many and which ones do you have now?

:koolaid:

I am curious how you first became curious/interested and what convinced you to buy one?

Anyone remember this post?

Hint: It was from BA in 2015

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Gun money spends differently than other money. I’ll hold off on putting a $900 bed cover on my truck, despite how useful it would be, but have no problem dropping $1200 on another AR build despite having a closet full of them already. A $1200 wheel/tire package for the Spider will get thought about for years while I struggle with parting with the cash but show me a $1700 1911 and I have no issue with spending.

I’ve been thinking about a computer upgrade and just have trouble parting with the cash but if it were an AR, I’d have 3 of them by now.
    This is truth right here!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom