The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    At the end of the range trip, Tarzan, WT and I each took 3 shots with the Tikka. Tarzan pulled a .47 moa. WT did a .68 and I did a .74. My best of the day was a .63.

I am happy with the Tikka. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    At the end of the range trip, Tarzan, WT and I each took 3 shots with the Tikka. Tarzan pulled a .47 moa. WT did a .68 and I did a .74. My best of the day was a .63.

I am happy with the Tikka. :)

I thought your group was a bit better than mine, glad to see I was right. Don't forget to mention that was at 100 yards, so sub MOA ;)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sounds like a good day gentlemen. I'm a little disappointed that I don't see any targets posted here though. I thought I taught you guys better than that.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh no, not with the groups the Bergara produced today. I'm hoping 88 is right and I just need some more rounds downrange for it to start grouping decently. My groups were well over MOA :(

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Glad everyone had fun. WT, your new rifle will undoubtedly shoot under MOA with some rounds down the bbl and some ammo experimentation. If you do not reload, you'll have to play with other variables. Action torque, bullet weight, bedding, Simms Vibration donut on the bbl in different locations. Bergara knows what they're doing but you'll need to find the recipe that makes the best cake.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sounds like a good day gentlemen. I'm a little disappointed that I don't see any targets posted here though. I thought I taught you guys better than that.

This was Tarzans group
    0708adda75d830e60f5b05b7fbfae7c5.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Glad everyone had fun. WT, your new rifle will undoubtedly shoot under MOA with some rounds down the bbl and some ammo experimentation. If you do not reload, you'll have to play with other variables. Action torque, bullet weight, bedding, Simms Vibration donut on the bbl in different locations. Bergara knows what they're doing but you'll need to find the recipe that makes the best cake.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. More rounds and experimenting with the 4 types of ammo/weight I have right now are the plan. Not sure about bedding and the donut at this point, but if more bullets downrange and finding ammo the barrel prefers doesn't seem to work, I'll have to branch out. First thing is to verify the current torque on the action/trigger guard screws, which Bergara specifies should be set to 55 inch pounds. Gonna do that after I eat some breakfast.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    This was Tarzans group
    0708adda75d830e60f5b05b7fbfae7c5.jpg
    Wow. Just wow. Laser beams. @gmcttr you must teach me the ways of The Force.

GM all. Coming down steady here. I needed the haired velociraptors to bring more mud in, really. Spent the evening watching a new show with Pickle Lady. 2 episodes into Peaky Blinders. So-so.

Have a good day everyone, Im off to the CC again. I'll stalk you later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom