The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey CM, I'll have to post a pic of my reach out and touch someone AR. 22" Stainless bull barrel, Aluminum heat dissipation foregrip and a good old fashion A2 buttstock. A little late to pull it out of the safe. It's a Panther DPMS with upgraded trigger.
    Please. I will show you mine if you show us yours...:):

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    And since I have at least (1) interested individual (I'm all about the eagles !) ;) here's another rather rare thing to witness. This female (they're the largest) is 'presenting' !

IMG_7534%28web800%29-L.jpg

Just a quick check in....

What amazing photographs!

We are but a small part in an amazing world!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My Mossberg .308 bolt gun does just fine under 100 yards. I have no need to reach out further. Hunting on my property it would be a bad idea to take a long shot like that. Neighbors and all...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Figured out what the hold up is with my JoeBob package and FedEx. The package is on hold, because it's destination from Salina, KS was supposed to be Memphis, TN and evidently that Memphis hub is dealing with weather issues currently and has suspended all incoming packages.

It's just a bipod for the 308, so it's not the end of the world and I have no control of the weather. There are more important things to worry about in life.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Figured out what the hold up is with my JoeBob package and FedEx. The package is on hold, because it's destination from Salina, KS was supposed to be Memphis, TN and evidently that Memphis hub is dealing with weather issues currently and has suspended all incoming packages.

It's just a bipod for the 308, so it's not the end of the world and I have no control of the weather. There are more important things to worry about in life.
    ....Wait..... if YOU don’t control the weather..... ......whodoes?......

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Hey WTB, if you haven't already mounted the scope, mount the rifle in the vise so the bore axis is level. It will make using the Wheeler leveling set easier. I've used my set a couple of times now and like it.

Yep, that's the plan. I upgraded my Tipton's Best to a Tipton's Ultra with the Wheeler Leveling kit that Chris had linked a while back. This is my first opportunity to use it for the intended purpose. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be heading to the range tomorrow. This gun definitely needs a cheek rest, which I have ordered. Without it, at least with the medium rings I have on it, my cheek weld is a jaw weld... :(

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be heading to the range tomorrow. This gun definitely needs a cheek rest, which I have ordered. Without it, at least with the medium rings I have on it, my cheek weld is a jaw weld... :(
    Foam pipe insulation and painters masking tape for a temporary fix.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Foam pipe insulation and painters masking tape for a temporary fix.

If I had either one that might work... :):

I was thinking about heading down to The Outdoorsman later to see if they had any Remington 700 scope rings that would mount directly to the receiver. That might make enough of a difference that the cheek rest isn't needed... :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good plan on the rings. If needed, I can bring pipe insulation and tape...nudge, nudge, push, push... :D

Still supposed to be pretty warm tomorrow, so I think I'll take your hint... :cool:

I'll need to remember to grab my cleaning stuff since the recommended break in for the barrel specifies cleaning after every round for the first 5 rounds. That will make adjusting the site even more of a PITA, but as Bergara is known for their barrels, I plan to abide by their recommendations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom