The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know some of you have ordered from "Ammo Shop Online", but I'm telling you that place is a ****ing rip off on their shipping costs and taxes.

Example:
    20rd box of 167gr 7.62x51 Geco for $21.97, not a bad price.
    https://ammoshoponline.com/shop/cal...-7-62x51-167-gr-expanding-jhp-by-geco-qty-20/

Say you want 200 rounds of it.

$219.70 = 200 rounds
    $29.05 = shipping
    $4.99 = handling
    $17.41 = tax (it should be $15.38)
    ---------
    $271.15

They are taxing the ****ing shipping costs!!!!

Okay, think the shipping isn't bad? It really is bad, 200rds of 7.62x51 is not that big or heavy.

Let's try 500 rounds.

$549.25 = 500 rounds
    $90.10 = shipping ( :n00b: )
    $4.99 = handling fee
    $44.76 = tax (it should be $38.45)
    ---------
    $689.10

It does not cost anywhere near $90 ****ing dollars to ship 500 rounds of 7.62x51. Then they tack on $4.99 handling and tax the shipping also. They can go pound sand right up where the sun don't shine.

WITAF !!!!!
    They are taxing the net total........:(

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've backed away from "Ammo Shop Online" a couple of times because of the shipping and handling costs.

I don't remember who, but I've seen other places that their checkout software taxed the shipping also.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sorry for the rant, but that kinda stuff just gets under my skin. Make your price whatever you want it to be, but do not overtax people and try to make profit on shipping costs as well. That is not a good business model. Their business of course, but I won't be ordering from them.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I know some of you have ordered from "Ammo Shop Online", but I'm telling you that place is a ****ing rip off on their shipping costs and taxes.

Example:
    20rd box of 167gr 7.62x51 Geco for $21.97, not a bad price.
    https://ammoshoponline.com/shop/cal...-7-62x51-167-gr-expanding-jhp-by-geco-qty-20/

Say you want 200 rounds of it.

$219.70 = 200 rounds
    $29.05 = shipping
    $4.99 = handling
    $17.41 = tax (it should be $15.38)
    ---------
    $271.15

They are taxing the ****ing shipping costs!!!!

Okay, think the shipping isn't bad? It really is bad, 200rds of 7.62x51 is not that big or heavy.

Let's try 500 rounds.

$549.25 = 500 rounds
    $90.10 = shipping ( :n00b: )
    $4.99 = handling fee
    $44.76 = tax (it should be $38.45)
    ---------
    $689.10

It does not cost anywhere near $90 ****ing dollars to ship 500 rounds of 7.62x51. Then they tack on $4.99 handling and tax the shipping also. They can go pound sand right up where the sun don't shine.

WITAF !!!!!
    Cabela's used to always charge sales tax on the shipping. Pissed me off then too.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I wish I could have found a HMR in 308, but I'm hoping this Timber should do nicely. I also really like the looks of that Tikka T3x Lite that 88 snagged.
    It's a pretty rifle, WT.

Just put an EGW rail on my .243 Tikka 595 last week. Gonna mount and zero the thermal on that and I'm willing to bet I'm gonna have to make an adjustable cheek piece for that one too.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I have no fighting dogs either ..... but in the case of tripods, and stability, I do have a bit of experience.
    Please let me give a little explicatio en toto on the subject. ;)

This is my camera tripod. It's a Gitzo (Italian) 8X overlay carbon fiber leg-set.
    I bought it about 15 years ago, when the kids finally grew-up, and I had some money for toys. It was $800. It's topped with a Markins (Canadian) ball head, that cost $400.
    This setup will hold 60 lbs ..... (4) bowling balls !

i-mwZ6PK3-L.jpg

What this did (before my back needed surgery) was allow me to creep along the damp, steep banks of the White River, to take photos of this pair of mated Bald Eagles. Since I took their photos over a period of about (4) years, and never saw a single other person, I'm fairly sure that I was the only one who had discovered their nest.
    It was a rare experience, that I feel privileged to have been a part of. During the last two years of my photography with them, they definitely recognized me, and learned that I wasn't a threat. It is also rare to take a photo of a mated pair (in the wild) perched on the same branch ....

naturebirdeaglepairperch-L.jpg

Carbon fiber is lightweight, and allowed me to carry it and my camera gear over precarious ground.. It also doesn't transmit vibrations to the camera.
    Mission drives the gear !

The same is true with a gun tripod, of course. For hunting, I would want no other than a carbon fiber support system, for the reasons that Spicy mentioned.

For my use, which was to open up another shooting lane at 0830's farm, my BOG tripod is quite adequate.
    The BLUE MINK is heavy for an AR, so I took a 3" X 8" piece of thin foam rubber (the kind that you line a tool box with), and laid it inside the clamp on the tripod.
    Whalah ..... steady, and secure as a rock !

The End ....
    WOW!!!! Informative and what an inspiring photo and story, MM!!!!! All your photos of the eagles are incredible!!! The info on tripods was a bonus.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Looking through the classies at long guns 3 things come to mind.

1.....people have lost their freaking minds.

2....what was I even thinking.

3....I will run right with you cats once I get my heavy AR set up.....:p

Some of us big dogs are planning on traveling down to the Deacon's range next year .... where 600 yds. will be the main menu !
    Even the mighty 5.56 Blue Mink would have it's work cut-out !

I'm predicting that it'll take a long-barrel AR10 to put up some competition against the fancy bolt-gun guys, CM.
    I'ma gonna go shopping for one of those (bolt gun) when the dust clears ! :cool:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some of us big dogs are planning on traveling down to the Deacon's range next year .... where 600 yds. will be the main menu !
    Even the mighty 5.56 Blue Mink would have it's work cut-out !

I'm predicting that it'll take a long-barrel AR10 to put up some competition against the fancy bolt-gun guys, CM.
    I'ma gonna go shopping for one of those (bolt gun) when the dust clears ! :cool:
    24" match grade stainless barrel I bought from a friend that was reducing his AR's capability's. He shot it out to 600 on a few occasions. Barrel had 250 rounds through it with no mag dumps (:):)...I built it up with quality bits and pieces to match or exceed what he had.
    Not saying it is the :poop: just saying if I dont make a good showing with it I will most humbly go looking for a solid bolt gun.

I want to be on that adventure with you guys.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    24" match grade stainless barrel I bought from a friend that was reducing his AR's capability's. He shot it out to 600 on a few occasions. Barrel had 250 rounds through it with no mag dumps (:):)...I built it up with quality bits and pieces to match or exceed what he had.
    Not saying it is the :poop: just saying if I dont make a good showing with it I will most humbly go looking for a solid bolt gun.

I want to be on that adventure with you guys.
    Now you're talkin', Big Chief ! :thumbsup:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Hey CM, I'll have to post a pic of my reach out and touch someone AR. 22" Stainless bull barrel, Aluminum heat dissipation foregrip and a good old fashion A2 buttstock. A little late to pull it out of the safe. It's a Panther DPMS with upgraded trigger.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    .... and perhaps the biggest thrill of all was photographing their children. They always had (2). This set was getting ready to fledge (leave the nest, and learn how to fly)

IMG_7545-L.jpg

And with that .... I'm signing-off for the night.
    May all of you have sweet dreams, where guns and ammo are cheap and plentiful ! :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom