THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I like Air Force stuff and Airmen too!!!! They have this thing called an A-10 Warthog…..
    (An Infantryman’s best friend)
    We call it the flying dump truck, because once she’s dumped, the ground is nice and leveled…. All that lead that was flying at you is now part of Mother Earth…a little bloody, a little blown up, but the Army can continue to
    “Go rolling along”…..:patriot::patriot::patriot:
    That’s the basis behind “Rainmaker”, it was a nickname for the 30mm 7 barrel rotary cannon on the nose of the A-10. I was really into military aircraft (and it’s history) as a teen. Piloting in the Air Force was a dream job (maybe a pipe dream). Unfortunately, a medical condition made me ineligible for enlistment. I wanted in so bad I talked to the recruiter 4 times but there was no way around it. Honestly, I would have taken any branch just to enlist.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    @grillak

I had a surplus gun that was "stuck". Used a small hammer and a nylon tipped punch (Dawson Sight Tool) after using a rubber coated clamp to hold the slide in exactly the proper place. Came out with just a couple light taps. Less is more when it comes to force with firearms. Came apart easily after that and I assume it just some gunk built-up even though the gun was fairly clean IIRC.

1670162502801.png 1670162550246.png 1670162606281.png

If that fails:

1670162347823.png

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Yep, I use the rubber end of a magazine to apply pressure to the pin on the right side of the gun until enough is available to grab and pull from the other side.
    So...I am sure you can't stop wondering about my first day of steroids....aside from some stomach distress and a little "funny" feeling; no ill side effects, so far.

While it hasn't changed the pain any (only day one) but I can tell that the swelling is reduced as there is less pressure (dealing with a C5/C6 and lower back issue. I slept from 12 pm to 8:34 am - that's pretty unusual - and only woke up because the grand-dog said I was late for our morning ritual.

She runs around in circles and I stand at the door saying "ready, set, GO!" and she bolts out the door, jumps off the deck (trips 1/3 of the time) and then aggressively looks for a squirrel before killing a small portion of my grass.

Yes - I do have a boring life...

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Good morning! A balmy 17 here.
    :coffee:
    It'll probably be 60 on Christmas....

I still have a small amount of leaves to collect (maybe a rubbish bag or two) but need them to unfreeze. My lawn guy is shut down for the year...sigh...but I think I can handle it. I have an EGO blower, after all.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    A little bit of Elf on the Shelf fun for this year....

View attachment 240461
    That is a good one but I have say I don't miss that Elf. Was fun for a few years then Mrs. Mcapo and I had to draw straws to see would have to come up with new ideas. She cheated - she used the internet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom