THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The thing that gripes me is that when it was in Greenwood they notified me it would be delivered ‘tomorrow’. Then when it was in NJ I was told it is delayed. Then yesterday when it was in Zionsville I was told I will get it today. Now no estimated delivery date. Its nothing I need urgently (or at all right now, doing some prophylactic buying of wearables — recoil springs and such) but I think it shows they have logistics issues and that is their main job :dunno:
    "They" is some computer algorithm. You know how those IT guys are....

I have noticed this with Fed Ex. If it hits New Haven - I get it the next day or same. If it checks into Perry (?), OH - I might get it tomorrow and it may end up in Utah before going to Fort Wayne but almost always with a wrong delivery date.

They (and other shippers) need to update how their system estimates delivery dates.

I have had several things delivered by DHL lately and have noticed they seem to have a 24-48 delay in posting, so when exceptions occur, its already at the next step and the delivery wasn't over promised to me.

We never saw this layer of detail until the past 5 (?) years so we just assumed it always took a straight line to us.

Not being an apologist for shippers, just saying that I have lower performance expectations. :lmfao::@ya:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Not being an apologist for shippers, just saying that I have lower performance expectations. :lmfao::@ya:
    Usually once it gets to Zionsville I have it in the next 24 hours. Perry, OH and Independence, KY have been black holes in my experience. Never had a package go to NJ on its way here before, however, there is a Westfield, NJ and my order was only 10 miles away…maybe their optical readers missed the zip code?

If on Tuesday they told me it would be here next Monday I would have been fine. What ever happen to underpromise and over deliver? It seems to have been switched around.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Both UPS and FedEx have dropped the ball recently. I've had issues with both carriers. How fun is it to get multiple notices of Out for Delivery, only for it to go status unknown the next day? Yay... :rolleyes:
    So hard to get good service. Too bad carriers can’t run with the speed and efficiency of the pantless highway!

Fortunately great friendships still abound for those willing to put in a little effort!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Th
    The thing that gripes me is that when it was in Greenwood they notified me it would be delivered ‘tomorrow’. Then when it was in NJ I was told it is delayed. Then yesterday when it was in Zionsville I was told I will get it today. Now no estimated delivery date. Its nothing I need urgently (or at all right now, doing some prophylactic buying of wearables — recoil springs and such) but I think it shows they have logistics issues and that is their main job :dunno:
    Th problem is they're forced to use people to do the job. Imperfect, unreliable people.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Anyone know how CKW did with the wrist surgery?
    It went ok. She went home without too many issues, had some stomach flopping due to meds but that was the worst of it that I heard. Its supposed to be 6-8 week recovery. The blocker they gave her numbed her whole arm and she has it in a sling doing ok. She slept most of yesterday. Havnt heard how today is going.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom