THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I’ll throw this out to the group…

Short version: I’ve been thinking about changing my handle to streamline with other platforms I’m on. Is that something people do and not a big deal? Or a no-no, since everyone already knows me as Rainmaker?

Longer version: I originally signed up on INGO 11 years ago. But at that time my computer was my only device that would connect and I just never got on. I honestly forgot that I even signed up. Last year I went to sign back up and was reminded that I already had. I’ve been surprised how last 6 months I’ve really got sucked in to INGO culture and community. I shouldn’t have waited so long to get involved. On all other platforms I go by Firehawk. A long time ago I bought a Firebird Formula as project car that I’m redoing into a Firehawk clone. I’ve never really liked the Rainmaker handle and Firehawk is a lot more personal to my life now.

I recently found out Admin can change it. So change it? Or not a big deal and just keep it?

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.

Short version: I’ve been thinking about changing my handle to streamline with other platforms I’m on. Is that something people do and not a big deal? Or a no-no, since everyone already knows me as Rainmaker?

Longer version: I originally signed up on INGO 11 years ago. But at that time my computer was my only device that would connect and I just never got on. I honestly forgot that I even signed up. Last year I went to sign back up and was reminded that I already had. I’ve been surprised how last 6 months I’ve really got sucked in to INGO culture and community. I shouldn’t have waited so long to get involved. On all other platforms I go by Firehawk. A long time ago I bought a Firebird Formula as project car that I’m redoing into a Firehawk clone. I’ve never really liked the Rainmaker handle and Firehawk is a lot more personal to my life now.

I recently found out Admin can change it. So change it? Or not a big deal and just keep it?
    I think you get 1 username change. It’s definitely going to confuse people though lol.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

I like meaningful.
    I’m not very anonymous, really.
    Not that your name change would make you less so. But it really does
    suck you in become part of your life to some degree and meaningful is nice if you’re into it.
    I personally think everyone in here could keep track of it and I don’t see you stirring the pot over on the political sections.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Sounds good to me, Rainhawk. Or is it Firemaker? As long as you don't want to be called by "ye", then I think I'm good. Have you seen how many different names I have on Ingo? The good thing is that I have a personality for each one of them.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

I've heard it can be done. Bigtanker hangs here, maybe he can help you out.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

The Rainmaker is one of the rarest of Colt production revolvers.

rainmaker.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Sounds good to me, Rainhawk. Or is it Firemaker? As long as you don't want to be called by "ye", then I think I'm good. Have you seen how many different names I have on Ingo? The good thing is that I have a personality for each one of them.
    So this is just like twitter? More bots than real people?
    I thought it was feds.

FedBot would be a great handle.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The Colt 1877 picked up it's famous names depending on the caliber from one of it's major distributors, Ben Kittredge. The more common were the Lightning in 38 LC, and the Thunderer in 41 LC. The Rainmaker was in 32 LC and is considered unobtainium today. I've seen two in an entire lifetime of messing with guns.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Do it ... we can handle it ! :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom