THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Work's been a bit of a trainwreck today, but was able to recover the day well.

Gun fund is in tatters after the planned expenditure of the new tankless water heater, with the addition of an unexpected water pump needed for my FJ. that came up at the tail end of last week.
    What year FJ? I’m assuming modern, but just have to ask. I have a ‘74, and an addiction.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I’ve had at least three. All bought cheap, all pretty much basket cases, but we ‘resto’ modded this one back to life.
    It started out with everything that may possibly hinder any tire travel or flex torched off (fenders, lower body,etc) and it’s not real well put together (ok that’s being generous) but it’s fun to drive and puts a smile on yours and others’ faces.
    Paid $600 for it.

My current project is this; I want a Cummins 12v in an extended frame 4 door FJ40. My biggest problem right now is that I’ve started out with an old ford truck frame, the ‘78 f250 I learned to drive in, because I had it and it had sentimental value.

How I end up with sentimental feelings for inanimate objects is probably for another thread…

I have the Cummins in the Ford frame, with a 5 speed and transfer case, and part of the body sitting on the frame, and the back row custom doors made, but none of it is really right, except maybe the doors…
    Should have just started with a dodge frame, instead of this haywagon ride of a frame I have…

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I came here, to get caught up, and then after my natural derailments, wanted to mention something really cool I saw today…
    The field I am working in has an eagles nest in a huge tree in a pasture area near to the field, had not noticed it before and we’ve been here for 10 days, but today saw eagles flying around and spotted their nest.
    About dusk as we were packing up one flew over our heads not 30’ up. You could hear the wind over its wings.
    Pretty cool.

ETA @MindfulMan you wanna take some pictures of eagles?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I came here, to get caught up, and then after my natural derailments, wanted to mention something really cool I saw today…
    The field I am working in has an eagles nest in a huge tree in a pasture area near to the field, had not noticed it before and we’ve been here for 10 days, but today saw eagles flying around and spotted their nest.
    About dusk as we were packing up one flew over our heads not 30’ up. You could hear the wind over its wings.
    Pretty cool.

I understand your excitement. From 2009 -2011, I spent a lot of time with this nest near White River ! :thumbsup:

IMG_4016-L.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Picked this up today, I ordered the Altamont grips awhile ago when I knew I had to have a 3 inch. Have the complete set now but I think this is my favorite. I have a Wilson gold bead front sight coming in later this week and will also get one of their new u-notch replacement rear sights as well.

DLbPZKrl.jpg

:bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom