THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    What about the HST that looks like a wadcutter?
    545b4b8f88e397c50e1394ed2276274d.jpg
    I had those when I carried a 642. BBI had mentioned they would be pretty good at all but barriers.

I did a water jug test on them. Went into the second jug and expanded beautifully.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I've had this revolver for a while, it was somebody's project back in the 30s when it came back from WW1 and went to King's for a full action job and King parts upgrades. The barrel was shortened and the gun converted to 45 Colt from 455 Eley, King hammer and sights combined with 1930s era parts. The pull is Python smooth and it puts 250 grain cast lead right where you want it. While it's basically a cut down, to me it still represents the art of the gunsmith from nearly 100 years ago. I really should find a 45 LC wadcutter mold for it. Pure lead and around 250 grains.;)

View attachment 240970
    That’s cool!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had this revolver for a while, it was somebody's project back in the 30s when it came back from WW1 and went to King's for a full action job and King parts upgrades. The barrel was shortened and the gun converted to 45 Colt from 455 Eley, King hammer and sights combined with 1930s era parts. The pull is Python smooth and it puts 250 grain cast lead right where you want it. While it's basically a cut down, to me it still represents the art of the gunsmith from nearly 100 years ago. I really should find a 45 LC wadcutter mold for it. Pure lead and around 250 grains.;)

View attachment 240970
    Wow. I love seeing vintage gun artistry by a talented gunsmith

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This?

I know NHT3. I should ask what I need to attach that to my X10. Was looking at the Leupold.
    Reckon I should ask Travis what's best? Thinking smaller dot and shake awake would be a plus.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I know NHT3. I should ask what I need to attach that to my X10. Was looking at the Leupold.
    Reckon I should ask Travis what's best? Thinking smaller dot and shake awake would be a plus.
    I copied the wrong one as that is a pitcatinny mount. Meant to show you this one.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    @patience0830 I assume you saw this?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was looking at the XTen today to see what exactly the optic cut was. Sig says Romeo2. I'd have to research more to see what else fits and what adapter plates may or may not be required. Whatever I would mount, I'd make damn sure it's robust and secured by either a pocket cut specifically for its footprint or has reinforcement/locating tabs. I wouldn't mount anything that allows the full force of 10mm to be absorbed by some little screws only.

I'm under the weather currently, so my memory is deceiving me. Sig Talk might be the best source. Don't know Romeo2 is GTG or not.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    @patience0830 I assume you saw this?

I definitely saw it. Great looking gun. I've got a couple of X-compacts now (no optics on either of mine), but mine are the models that lose the rear sight when mounting an optic, unlike this one. Also have a Compact, but my favorites are the X-compacts.

I've got an optic on my XL and I need to get some time behind that and decide if I really like the optic, before I start getting crazy and mounting them everywhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom