THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Good morning peoples. Starting day 2.5 of being mom, dad and husband. Mama had a major surgery on Wednesday. Was a planned one. Been a tough deal to work through for me, but even tougher for her. Thankfully my parents offered to take the eldest last night for today. That helps a lot. Mama is doing great, just trying to get through the pain. At least a I get a vacation? Right? That’s what this is?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good morning peoples. Starting day 2.5 of being mom, dad and husband. Mama had a major surgery on Wednesday. Was a planned one. Been a tough deal to work through for me, but even tougher for her. Thankfully my parents offered to take the eldest last night for today. That helps a lot. Mama is doing great, just trying to get through the pain. At least a I get a vacation? Right? That’s what this is?
    Hang in there Rusty. If anyone can handle this, it is you. Best wishes for quick healing to the wife

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Prayers for swift healing for the Mrs,
    RH.

Hang in there. Hard watching the ones you love be in pain.

Just got up. No coffee yet. Ug

Third edit. Lord help me.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

You got that nurses outfit, right?

Keep up on those pain meds. The first handful of days are the worst. Same goes for Mrs. RH.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    TD has me inspired to get back into tuning again.

:)

I'm thinking that I want to start playing with the SP01 in .40. .40 CZs can be tricky to tune since some of them rely on a stiff mainspring to help tame recoil. But, with the SP01 size, I'd probably have enough room to go heavier on the recoil spring to compensate for a lighter mainspring. I have not weighed the slide yet, but am hoping that CZ learned from their first attempt at the 75B Compact in .40. On that one, they used a 9mm weight slide and cut the spring house down to allow more slide travel to help with recoil control.

Sig did it right with the P229 in that the .40 has a significantly heavier slide than the 9mm does. I'm hoping to find the same thing on the CZ but think I can manage it if not. SP01 extra heavy recoil springs are available unlike the situation that I had with the .40 75B Compact. On that one, if you try to go heavy enough to control the recoil when using a light mainspring, you get spring bind and a less than 200 round recoil spring life.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It’s not a vacation, but being nurse to your wife will show her how much you care.
    When my wife broke her arm she was mortified that I’d have to help her shower - pro tip - “I’m just here to serve you”. She drew the line at the toileting and I was fine with that too.

Caring for another can make a big difference in the long run. I’m assuming I’ll get even with her in our old age.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Dang, RH.....you and momma hang tough !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom