The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I am getting ready to install some Cajun parts in my P07. Your experience gives me slight pause. What is your opinion of their components?
    Normally outstanding products and excellent customer service from CGW.

My P-07 was a breeze to work on and the 09 is the same inner works. Don't try brute force and check your magnetic flashlight for missing parts and you will be ok.

Last edited:

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    Seems to be a knowledgeable collection of characters in this thread. Obviously superior collective intellect.:) Does anyone know of a local (central Indiana) business doing nitriding on firearms. I’m working on a Colt 1991 Compact and would like a nitride finish. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    20 year level term life. House paid for in 20 yrs and a good nest egg. Kids grown and gone. Sounds like a plan.
    Thanks for the reminder. I have a few years, but I need to contact my insurance agent to see about new 20 year term life policies. Ours run out in 2027.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The gardener has been taking me with her shopping and I watched a good scam at the grocery store. Guy shopping with dark sunglasses, ball cap, head down, walking with a cane but his gait looked normal. Spidey sense went off. At self checkout he runs his groceries, takes out his phone before paying and starts talking into it, walks out of the store talking on the phone. Self checkout clerk runs after him, he says phone call distracted him, and he forgot to pay. Clerk says no problem, pay now, guy says he has an emergency, doesn't have time and leaves. A good scam, provided him with an out if he's caught.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thanks for the reminder. I have a few years, but I need to contact my insurance agent to see about new 20 year term life policies. Ours run out in 2027.
    I stopped raising mine. Last time I raised them, my wife cut the seat belts out of my car, hide my motorcycle helmet and removed the railing from our staircase.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    and with the sunglasses and cap on hard to know what he truly looked like.

this sickens me...

When I was married to my first wife and living in Minnesota, she was working for a local insurance company. At a Christmas party, we sat with my wife's boss and her husband, both of who were professionals making good money. He was bragging about how on trips he would book a room with the cheapest, no frills hotel he could to get the cheapest rate, making sure it was within walking distance of a higher cost hotel. Then he would simply walk into that hotel in the morning and take advantage of their free buffet. He also bought all of his clothes from Goodwill and would talk himself into deals and discounts for anything he had to pay for. It wouldn't surprise me to hear he would try this kind of blatant stealing as well... :xmad:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Purple as necessary.
    I said something about no birds around to the help a couple of days ago and in unison two of them replied "they were called in for a software update", I kid you not.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I was thinking a empty Gatorade or soda bottle, opinions??
    Oh yea. I got opinions.
    Well, they can be construed as instructions, if you want.

1ECB38D2-71CF-47FC-8927-C1293E3DEF9A_1_105_c.jpeg

So I read somewhere that a quart of gasoline - vaporized - is equivalent to 5 sticks of dynamite, or something like that. I don't know that I believe that, but then again, the numbers really don't matter. I'm not one to get too hung up on certain details, believe it or not.
    So how do you vaporize gasoline? Well, I dunno, maybe throw it up in the air violently? Like, with tannerite, maybe? Sure!
    So the best container to do that with is a milk jug. Just the right thickness of plastic, that the small container of tannerite will "vaporize" it as it sends it up. 2 liter bottles are too thick, and plastic baggies for some reason just don't work as well, even trying to shoot them up out of a 4" pvc pipe.

This picture is of a small can of tannerite, with an inch or inch and a half of gasoline in a gallon jug sitting on top of the tannerite. We also felt the need for an ignition source, because we read the tannerite instructions (weird, huh?) and they said no flame or spark created. Debatable. Our ignition source was a piece of 4" drain tile (because I have a lot of it and it burns long and well) hanging on a stick stuck in the berm 5' or so above the jug. But not directly above because plastic on fire, drips fire down. So not right above the jug. That would be dangerous.
    This is how I have attempted to get a flame to vaporized gas.
    The young man you see prone in the picture is my youngest son, also known to his mom as "my sunshine".

About halfway through writing this I realized that I was not answering the question you had at all, what to put the tannerite in, but decided to press forward with it anyway, as I took one of those tests and one of my spiritual gifts was answering questions that weren't asked, along with jumping to conclusions.
    From here, I would just jump to the conclusion that what you put the tannerite in doesn't matter too much.

Editing to add; it doesn't look like it but the shooter is at least 70 yards away from the target.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom