The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I do not need three, I do not need three, I do not need three...

Maybe you need three until someone needs one?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hey Rusty Hornet !

This is what I'm working on .... for you ! I've found the original box, owners manual, a brand new strap (which I installed), a download cable, and (1) battery pack.
    I found, and installed a 35 mm lens ... Canon EF, an autofocus lens, made in Japan. This will give you a 'standard view' on a crop sensor camera. In other words, it's probably the most versatile lens, for a wide variety of subjects..
    There's
    only one thing missing that you'll need .... but it's important. That's the battery charger. I'll keep looking for it !

50D-XL.jpg

The photo (below) was taken with this camera in 2009. For this photo, I was using a telephoto lens to take a snap of this sparrow at my birdbath.
    It's still one of my favorite bird photos ... and shows what the camera is capable of. :)

IMG_1613-L.jpg

Here's the EXIF data from the above photo ..... proof = puddin' ! :alright:
    CameraCanon EOS 50D
    LensCanon EF400mm f/5.6L USM
    Focal Length400.0 mm (633.8 mm in 35mm)
    Aperturef/7.1
    Exposure Time0.002s (1/500)
    ISO800
    Date Taken2009-07-13 17:31:39
    Date Modified2009-07-13 17:31:39

And actually, even if I find the charger, there's no guarantee that the battery will take, and hold a charge.
    I'm certain that the battery pack (and charger) are still available .... probably from a 3rd party manufacturer. A few years ago, I was able to buy (2) batteries and a dual-charger for about $40 ..... so we're not dead in the water !

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hey Rusty Hornet !

This is what I'm working on .... for you ! I've found the original box, owners manual, a brand new strap (which I installed), a download cable, and (1) battery pack.
    I found, and installed a 35 mm lens ... Canon EF, an autofocus lens, made in Japan. This will give you a 'standard view' on a crop sensor camera. In other words, it's probably the most versatile lens, for a wide variety of subjects..
    There's
    only one thing missing that you'll need .... but it's important. That's the battery charger. I'll keep looking for it !

50D-XL.jpg

The photo (below) was taken with this camera in 2009. For this photo, I was using a telephoto lens to take a snap of this sparrow at my birdbath.
    It's still one of my favorite bird photos ... and shows what the camera is capable of. :)

IMG_1613-L.jpg

Here's the EXIF data from the above photo ..... proof = puddin' ! :alright:
    CameraCanon EOS 50D
    LensCanon EF400mm f/5.6L USM
    Focal Length400.0 mm (633.8 mm in 35mm)
    Aperturef/7.1
    Exposure Time0.002s (1/500)
    ISO800
    Date Taken2009-07-13 17:31:39
    Date Modified2009-07-13 17:31:39

And actually, even if I find the charger, there's no guarantee that the battery will take, and hold a charge.
    I'm certain that the battery pack (and charger) are still available .... probably from a 3rd party manufacturer. A few years ago, I was able to buy (2) batteries and a dual-charger for about $40 ..... so we're not dead in the water !
    Woohoo! I’m excited to start shooting! If you can not find a charger, don’t fret it! I’ll source that and probably another battery somewhere. Much much much appreciated, good sir!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Bingo, RH ! .... I just found the charger, plus two batteries for $25 ! Score ! :alright:

Link: Amazon product ASIN B07TWFHTSC
    Woohoo! I will get on that. :cool:

I’m already thinking about sliding up near my brothers house in Hudson, IN. He happens to live right next to a rail road track and it just so happens to be the same line that the ol 765 travels to grab its “fuel”.

Don’t mind this crappy screenshot from a video I took on my phone. I would just be delighted to capture this beast. I was standing in his yard taking this. Just neat-o!

13486310-7C72-4818-9662-A0F06847B585.png

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Woohoo! I will get on that. :cool:

I’m already thinking about sliding up near my brothers house in Hudson, IN. He happens to live right next to a rail road track and it just so happens to be the same line that the ol 765 travels to grab its “fuel”.

Don’t mind this crappy screenshot from a video I took on my phone. I would just be delighted to capture this beast. I was standing in his yard taking this. Just neat-o!

View attachment 226885

I love it ! That'll be a good spot to shoot from. I've been known to take some train photos, myself. The engineers / conductors call train photographers "Foamers", because they start foaming at the mouth when they see a train coming. !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom