The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Yes they were. I think the least expensive was around $16,000. As for pictures, you will see and coon finger it at the FGE….
    Those Purdeys are very nice. They started as a gun for the royals of England and such. I have drooled over the Purdeys for years, wish I had the $$ to have one in my safe.

Looking forward to coon fingering your C2.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yes they were. I think the least expensive was around $16,000. As for pictures, you will see and coon finger it at the FGE….
    That level of shotgun is amazing.

My uncle has a full Perazzi set that is gorgeous. After shooting it, I realized that good looks didn't improve my shotgun skills.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Still basking in all the love that was on hand freely yesterday.

It was a very special day that I will long remember for a great fellow that I will always remember.

Thank you all for being a part of it - I needed it as badly as anyone there.

I miss the Mouse...
    We all miss the Mouse but he is still with us in spirit. Just look at how we treat each other. To me that’s his influence he had on this group.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I think that you are just paying fit and finish. Nothing wrong with that at all but as you’re saying it doesn’t improve the skills.
    I will have to agree you that most of the money spent is for fit, finish, spectacular wood, and incredible engraving but, if you order one straight from the factory, and not just buy one off the shelf, they build the gun specifically for you. They take you to shoot their testing gun and determine what the carve out of the stock is for your personal comb height and pull length. Then when it's finished they give you a few day tutelage course to make sure you are proficient in use and accuracy with your gun. I bet even mcapo could turn into a bird blastn beast after all that (although his bank account might be very sore afterwards :cool:)

I do believe that you get what you pay for with the Purdey offerings as they do hold there value even when in used condition.
    Seen a few in the 150K price range that are just stunning. As said before, wish I had the extra coin to afford one.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I will have to agree you that most of the money spent is for fit, finish, spectacular wood, and incredible engraving but, if you order one straight from the factory, and not just buy one off the shelf, they build the gun specifically for you. They take you to shoot their testing gun and determine what the carve out of the stock is for your personal comb height and pull length. Then when it's finished they give you a few day tutelage course to make sure you are proficient in use and accuracy with your gun. I bet even mcapo could turn into a bird blastn beast after all that (although his bank account might be very sore afterwards :cool:)

I do believe that you get what you pay for with the Purdey offerings as they do hold there value even when in used condition.
    Seen a few in the 150K price range that are just stunning. As said before, wish I had the extra coin to afford one.
    Man. To afford one of those as a percentage of income that made sense, I'd have to be CEO of Apple. And even then, having grown up making do, I'd feel strange dragging that much $ out of the case.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Afternoon good peoples! Was abruptly awakened early when a cat wondered into the garage that I accidentily left open, alarm works!

Been in the workshop making saw dust this fine fall morning. Love this weather but unfortunately is very short lived in these parts.

Was sad I did not get to see/meet many of you yesterday but was there in spirit. Will be seeing many of you gangsters at the FGE!!:banana:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I have a Rami myself and this is similar to what I want to do with it.
    Still debating next purchase, gun fund not quite there yet but candidates are: Rami (maybe the one in the classies if still there and he will allow the wizard a pre-purchase inspection although a few have gone for sub $800 on GB), Colt King Cobra 3” (can be found for around $800 if one looks carefully—but what dose the future hold for Colt CZ group, will these continue to be made?), S&W 19-9 Comp Carry PC 3” (a little more $, a half pound heavier than the Colt and trigger not as sweet), or a nice Ruger Sp101 3” (down to 5 shots, not as nice trigger as the other wheel guns but considerably less $$, 1 oz lighter than the Colt, built tough, and lots of aftermarket goodies available).

Sigh, first world problems…

Chiller302

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Still debating next purchase, gun fund not quite there yet but candidates are: Rami (maybe the one in the classies if still there and he will allow the wizard a pre-purchase inspection although a few have gone for sub $800 on GB), Colt King Cobra 3” (can be found for around $800 if one looks carefully—but what dose the future hold for Colt CZ group, will these continue to be made?), S&W 19-9 Comp Carry PC 3” (a little more $, a half pound heavier than the Colt and trigger not as sweet), or a nice Ruger Sp101 3” (down to 5 shots, not as nice trigger as the other wheel guns but considerably less $$, 1 oz lighter than the Colt, built tough, and lots of aftermarket goodies available).

Sigh, first world problems…
    Lol yeah I know you mean there. I also have dad's Shadow that I had to buy from him. Always loved his 1911's but that Shadow was one that I had to have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom