The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It is not an rmr cut.
    It is same as DeltaPoint Pro, and the soon to be released Eotech EFLX, which I have on preorder.
    The highly touted Holosuns are the same as the rmr.

I’ve been shooting a lot with my Romeos, and went back to try the RMR, and the large window of the Romeo has definitely spoiled me.
    If you need or want to try one if you don’t have access let me know.
    Thanks for the cut info. I have a Romeo 1 Pro on one of my P229s and, like you, have been spoiled by the big window. I know that AllenM has been able to do an RMR cut on a Phantom slide but don't know if the Romeo 1 Pro cut would work too.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Morning folks. No donut smell in here…

@MindfulMan I began doing a little educating myself on the camera stuff last night via some YouTube videos. To say I’m even more excited would be an understatement. The Mrs is pretty interested too. Seems like it will be a good “hobby” for the both of us to share and challenge each other.

Excellent !

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Good Morning : My Lil PeepHoles :

and I am suffering with what I believe to be a Kidney Stone - not sure yet.

Guess it could be my low back/right side ribs outta place as I did a bunch of moving my very heavy music gear all last week.

The more I contemplate the pain it isn't gonna be bone/muscle related.

So - gonna figure this newest of the new problem out asap as it is a gnawing pain.

Anybody in here ever had a Kidney Stone?? What do ya do to rid yourself of it?
    Ive been lucky enough to pass the ones I've had so far without real medical intervention. I did go to the doctor, the next day (This was several years ago) but by the time I got there for the first one I had apparently passed it. Felt like a vicegrip clamped down on my kidney all night and then felt it move and seemingly passed it. I think they prescribed flo max for the next several days at the time.

Lots of water, go see a doctor if pain continues (they can do urine test for blood and maybe some imaging and hopefully see how large it is and then can come up with a plan if needed). Intervention can take all kinds of forms and I'm not familiar with all, but could be things like prescribing flo-max, to going after it (I heard the words "up" at one point, but luckily didn't have to go there), possibly ways to break it up, on up to surgical intervention, etc.

There are different causes as I understand it and depending on if they can pin down a cause (from possibly analyzing stone that you are able to capture) then going forward mitigations can vary.
    For my part, I don't do any caffeine any more, drink water, sprite, lemonade, (non "dark liquids") etc stuff with citric acid, and take a prescribed water pill/diuretic. My dr was able to see that I have seemingly lots of fairly small stones via imaging and am a "stone former". I should probably cut my salt. I did not capture a stone to have it analyzed. I had another small one a few years ago that wasn't as bad as the first, and not much since I changed my liquid intake, etc.

One of our resident MD's may be by soon and provide better info.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest

Guess it could be my low back/right side ribs outta place as I did a bunch of moving my very heavy music gear all last week.

So - gonna figure this newest of the new problem out asap as it is a gnawing pain.

IF you have a stone(s). Drink lots of fluids, pure water is best. The causes urination. If the stone(s) is small enough to pass this will facilitate passing. You may or may not know it when it passes.

If the pain gets intense, a visit to ER is in order. X-rays would determine if a stone, if more than 1, and location. If size is small enough to pass, more drinking fluids and waiting. They may give you a cloth funnel to urinate thru hoping to catch the stone(s). They then analyze the make up of the stone, this may or may not be of importance. If the pain is intens, they may admit you and administer pain meds ( possibly morphine ) thru IV.

If the stone is too large to pass and depending on location, a urologist may be required to insert a stent to prevent the stone from moving further and causing more issues until it can be eliminated. A number of procedures may be used with surgery probably as a last resort. Other methods may be a laser or shockwaves to break the stone(s) into small pieces that then can pass ( normally a stent is reinserted until all “gravel” has passed ).

Not a doctor, I don’t play one on TV, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night. However, I have had MANY stones and not all could be passed naturally. First one was in 1982. In the early 2000’s I was a stone producing machine due to a parathyroid tumor. Last one I passed at home was a couple months ago. Just DO NOT try to wait it out if pain gets intense. Seek medical help.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Ive been lucky enough to pass the ones I've had so far without real medical intervention. I did go to the doctor, the next day (This was several years ago) but by the time I got there for the first one I had apparently passed it. Felt like a vicegrip clamped down on my kidney all night and then felt it move and seemingly passed it. I think they prescribed flo max for the next several days at the time.

Lots of water, go see a doctor if pain continues (they can do urine test for blood and maybe some imaging and hopefully see how large it is and then can come up with a plan if needed). Intervention can take all kinds of forms and I'm not familiar with all, but could be things like prescribing flo-max, to going after it (I heard the words "up" at one point, but luckily didn't have to go there), possibly ways to break it up, on up to surgical intervention, etc.

There are different causes as I understand it and depending on if they can pin down a cause (from possibly analyzing stone that you are able to capture) then going forward mitigations can vary.
    For my part, I don't do any caffeine any more, drink water, sprite, lemonade, (non "dark liquids") etc stuff with citric acid, and take a prescribed water pill/diuretic. My dr was able to see that I have seemingly lots of fairly small stones via imaging and am a "stone former". I should probably cut my salt. I did not capture a stone to have it analyzed. I had another small one a few years ago that wasn't as bad as the first, and not much since I changed my liquid intake, etc.

One of our resident MD's may be by soon and provide better info.

interestingly I don't have much fried foods, *always thought that was the culprit*.

Been on the water kick for the past 48 hours.

I do drink pop and only Sprite & NON-Caff coke....maybe 1 - 2 a day.

I guess it could be my low back in combo with my low right side ribs. (*I had football trauma - cracked 3 catching a ball in college on my 21st bday*) Prolly Arthur-Itis has set in there for an extended stay.

Who knows....

Y'all will be the first to know when it is fully diagnosed.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

I had one. Right kidney. Went to ER, urologist gave me some Flomax to help open up tube from kidney to bladder. Drank lots of water with lemon juice in it and it finally passed on its own. I still drink water with lemon juice twice a week

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I do not need three, I do not need three, I do not need three...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Nothing wrong with extras.;)

many 1903s.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    interestingly I don't have much fried foods, *always thought that was the culprit*.

Been on the water kick for the past 48 hours.

I do drink pop and only Sprite & NON-Caff coke....maybe 1 - 2 a day.

I guess it could be my low back in combo with my low right side ribs. (*I had football trauma - cracked 3 catching a ball in college on my 21st bday*) Prolly Arthur-Itis has set in there for an extended stay.

Who knows....

Y'all will be the first to know when it is fully diagnosed.

Hang tough, Deacon ! :thumbsup:

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana

Yeah you do!!! Why say no when it’s so easy to say yes!!! Had to channel my inner Brian Dennehy from Tommy Boy lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom