The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I know that you're used to creating whatever cal. / style of bullet that you need, LE
    ..... but as soon as I read of the 44 COLT chambering, it would be full-stop for me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I know that you're used to creating whatever cal. / style of bullet that you need, LE
    ..... but as soon as I read of the 44 COLT chambering, it would be full-stop for me.
    ASM made those early Richards repros in 44 Colt because that's what the original Richards conversions were. Back in the 1870s 44 Colt was a heeled cartridge using a .451 bullet in a .430 case. What they did do for the benefit of modern shooters was bore the guns to .430 instead of .451. Even though you still have to scare up the brass, being able to use a conventional instead of heeled cartridge makes it much easier.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Any SR-71 Blackbird fans? In Kalamazoo, MI at the AirZoo, they are having a special night with the one they have on hand. August 13th and I think the 27th too.

Tickets are $100 or $250 but it looks like a really cool chance to see the plane and talk to those who flew it.

The Syracuse Hardware store has a nice official plaque with all the wing patches hanging on it. Right above the door, when your paying for ammo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Walmart will accept used oil for free. Not sure about coolant.
    There was 110 gallons in those drums. That’s a lot of oil.
    The friend that took it heats with it. He has a heavy equipment company. Back Hoes, dozers, tri-axles etc. the big shop has waste oil burners. Some of the oil is used to slick up the beds in the Tri-axles to let the asphalt slide out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What would we do without friends.
    The friend that hooked me up to remove the oil is a good friend from our days in the trade. We spent many an hour busting balls on some serious projects. I called him yesterday when discovered our 10 year old water heater was leaking.
    I can’t lift/carry a flat of bottled water. So he picked up the unit and swapped it out for me
    What would we do without our friends.
    9263EC02-B510-4DE2-89E6-AF7E1BBE5F6A.jpeg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    What would we do without friends.
    The friend that hooked me up to remove the oil is a good friend from our days in the trade. We spent many an hour busting balls on some serious projects. I called him yesterday when discovered our 10 year old water heater was leaking.
    I can’t lift/carry a flat of bottled water. So he picked up the unit and swapped it out for me
    What would we do without our friends.
    View attachment 216035
    Sounds like a good friend. Always need those.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    They've been doing the "Tora, Tora, Tora" performance for many years now, and it always draws me in with its' intensity. It wraps up with a recording of the actual "Day of Infamy" speech by the President.
    The pilots are very skilled, in order to coordinate the show without crashing into each other..... the smoke cover gets intense at times !

IMG_6435%20copy-X2.jpg

IMG_6438%20copy-X2.jpg

IMG_6461%20copy-X2.jpg

IMG_6462%20copy-X2.jpg

And all eight performing planes make a pass at the conclusion.

IMG_6482%20copy-X2.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    There was 110 gallons in those drums. That’s a lot of oil.
    The friend that took it heats with it. He has a heavy equipment company. Back Hoes, dozers, tri-axles etc. the big shop has waste oil burners. Some of the oil is used to slick up the beds in the Tri-axles to let the asphalt slide out.
    I was worried about 88's used oil. I knew yours had gone to a good home! Glad you got the water heater done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was worried about 88's used oil. I knew yours had gone to a good home! Glad you got the water heater done.
    A lot of folks have no idea that our used engine oil has other uses than sneaking out after dark and dumping it down the storm drains as was the norm for my dads dad and even my dad.
    Or pouring it along the fence line to kill weeds. Those old school guys had no idea. And I was not leaving the last remnants of ATP racing for CKW to clean up. No sir.
    All the solvents have been probably disposed of.
    The engine blocks and assorted scrap has found its way to the recyclers yard.
    The heavy tooling has found new homes.
    ATP has officially closed its doors.
    Soooo many memories.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    A lot of folks have no idea that our used engine oil has other uses than sneaking out after dark and dumping it down the storm drains as was the norm for my dads dad and even my dad.
    Or pouring it along the fence line to kill weeds. Those old school guys had no idea. And I was not leaving the last remnants of ATP racing for CKW to clean up. No sir.
    All the solvents have been probably disposed of.
    The engine blocks and assorted scrap has found its way to the recyclers yard.
    The heavy tooling has found new homes.
    ATP has officially closed its doors.
    Soooo many memories.
    We used it o the drive to keep the dust down in the summer. Morning all. :coffee:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom