The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Evening travelers. Fare thee fun and fancy free! Sitting with turkeys a spell before picking and watering the feed plot.

1907 sling ordered for the M77 today. Probably the only one I use a sling that way for. Should be here by weeks end. Gonna give it one more go with ammo test for baselines before any mods happen. A given is filing down the magwell for better fit (known issue with tang M77). Depending on those results will determine the bedding. I'd like to do glass as opposed to pillars. I just hate drilling through such good wood.

I don't expect TD results out of this one. Just a proper accurate field rifle. Ole Grandad and I are on a journey together.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Raising a glass to Woody Williams passing today, last Medal of Honor winner from WW2. Attacked pillbox after pillbox on Iwo with his flamethrower, a dangerous piece of equipment just to operate, let alone make multiple attacks. He went back to recharge or get another one and then back to the front. Just a West Virginia farm boy, one of the many in flyover country. 1280px-Hershel-W-Williams-2020.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Need th Borg/hive mind of Ingo. Anyone seen a deal on 22-250 ammo lately? My friend, the retired minister, has a need for some ammo as he doesn't yet reload. Best I'm coming up with is some Nosler Varmaggedon at optics planet. $35/20 minus 10% if you sign up for their email + tax. Free shipping.
    Maybe this?

I think I saw some at my Walmart but did not see price. Worth a look see next time you walk through.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Raising a glass to Woody Williams passing today, last Medal of Honor winner from WW2. Attacked pillbox after pillbox on Iwo with his flamethrower, a dangerous piece of equipment just to operate, let alone make multiple attacks. He went back to recharge or get another one and then back to the front. Just a West Virginia farm boy, one of the many in flyover country. View attachment 208837

The Greatest Generation.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Knowing the tastes of this group, figured I'd post this here in case anyone wanted to get in on any of this stuff once they make it available. Not in my wheel house so can't speak to condition/desirability amongst those in the know, but looks like some 1911's, some high powers, maybe a Luger of some sort and some other military stuff, including some bayonets from a recent buy they made from a single collection

Premier Arms recent FB post

Had to post this with text as a link as the forum software was eating the link

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Knowing the tastes of this group, figured I'd post this here in case anyone wanted to get in on any of this stuff once they make it available. Not in my wheel house so can't speak to condition/desirability amongst those in the know, but looks like some 1911's, some high powers, maybe a Luger of some sort and some other military stuff, including some bayonets from a recent buy they made from a single collection

Premier Arms recent FB post

Had to post this with text as a link as the forum software was eating the link
    OMG....A LUGER!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was
    OMG....A LUGER!!!
    waiting on this response. :):

Premier left a bad taste in my mouth after watching a few of their sealings with folks "Needing" to sell a firearm in desperation and how they treated me on an attempted trade in their old shop in the center of "B" town. I was a regular customer, but they let the false front they put forward slip a few times and I walked away from them. Found a much better place to deal in Bobs down south of them in Plainfield.

Never went into the new shop even though I drove past it every week taking the 15 year old to her Art tutor just south of there. So, if their attitudes have changed, I am unaware.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was

Premier left a bad taste in my mouth after watching a few of their sealings with folks "Needing" to sell a firearm in desperation and how they treated me on an attempted trade in their old shop in the center of "B" town. I was a regular customer, but they let the false front they put forward slip a few times and I walked away from them. Found a much better place to deal in Bobs down south of them in Plainfield.

Never went into the new shop even though I drove past it every week taking the 15 year old to her Art tutor just south of there. So, if their attitudes have changed, I am unaware.
    I've picked up a gun or 2 from them at the new location.
    I do recall being less than impressed in several ways on a visit to the old location.

That said, it's been several years since I traded anything at an LGS but I agree, Bob/PSS was definitely the shop that gave the best value on trades in my experience, by a long shot.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I was

I went by there several weeks ago. I don't think things have changed. I was not impressed.

Last edited:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Hey CZers!!! been busy here playing with a boat lift......muck sucks!!!! $2400 bucks later with 4, 21 foot heavy gauge, galvanized poles, slid thru the muck and hydraulically pounded into what seemed like "Barbee bedrock", the new tri-toon and new to us lift, are staying in one place. Now, I get to build steps out from the pier, to "accommodate" the wife's "concerns".......maybe next year I'll get to enjoy the lakes......she keeps saying something about updating the back patio......and a grilling station....... I think I heard......:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: but will:spend::spend::spend::spend:

I'm thinking the next owner of this property will really enjoy my wife's ideas for the place......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey CZers!!! been busy here playing with a boat lift......muck sucks!!!! $2400 bucks later with 4, 21 foot heavy gauge, galvanized poles, slid thru the muck and hydraulically pounded into what seemed like "Barbee bedrock", the new tri-toon and new to us lift, are staying in one place. Now, I get to build steps out from the pier, to "accommodate" the wife's "concerns".......maybe next year I'll get to enjoy the lakes......she keeps saying something about updating the back patio......and a grilling station....... I think I heard......:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: but will:spend::spend::spend::spend:

I'm thinking the next owner of this property will really enjoy my wife's ideas for the place......
    Sounds like next summer will be fun for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom