The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My PeepHoles

Got it mowed last night, almost shot the next door neighbor dog before mowing...sucker was in our yard raizin' he!!.
    It has a shock collar but the battery is doa, so the owner stayed to the sheriff we called. 2 cars pulled up and almost took one of the deputy's.
    Owner came out finally and was screaming at the two deputy's.
    It was another amazingly crazy evening here in the AridBelt....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    No known story. My brother and his wife seemed to come by it when his mother in law moved in with them for a while. When she moved back out west, she didn’t want it and left it there. It looks like someone started to restore it but had very little skill and just rough sanded the stock. I’ve already found info on how to modify Marlin 25 mags to work in it. I’ll need to find or modify a front sight for it then it will just get cleaned up a bit. The stock is really, really rough but the metal is not too bad. It’s a first type of Marlin A1, which puts it somewhere between 1936 and 1940. I imagine some kid shot the snot of out this one back in the day.
    That sounds very cool. I’m excited to see what you do with it!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks… Worked in the garden with my lady last night for about 6 hours after work… She decided she wanted to expand, so it went from about 12x12 to 30x30. Cleaned up some weeds after tilling and realized the tiller missed some spots, so I had quite a bit of hand tilling to do and lots of raking… worked muscles I didn’t know I had. Sore this morning, but loosening up. Coffee will help. We are trying corn this year so I’m excited to watch that grow.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning folks… Worked in the garden with my lady last night for about 6 hours after work… She decided she wanted to expand, so it went from about 12x12 to 30x30. Cleaned up some weeds after tilling and realized the tiller missed some spots, so I had quite a bit of hand tilling to do and lots of raking… worked muscles I didn’t know I had. Sore this morning, but loosening up. Coffee will help. We are trying corn this year so I’m excited to watch that grow.
    You're a hard worker, Rusty!
    Morning all!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    No known story. My brother and his wife seemed to come by it when his mother in law moved in with them for a while. When she moved back out west, she didn’t want it and left it there. It looks like someone started to restore it but had very little skill and just rough sanded the stock. I’ve already found info on how to modify Marlin 25 mags to work in it. I’ll need to find or modify a front sight for it then it will just get cleaned up a bit. The stock is really, really rough but the metal is not too bad. It’s a first type of Marlin A1, which puts it somewhere between 1936 and 1940. I imagine some kid shot the snot of out this one back in the day.
    If the rifling in the barrel is o.k., then refinishing this rifle is well worth the effort. If not, by the time you invest in installing a new barrel and the rest of the restoration, you might have been better off using this rifle to get some quick cash at the next gun buy back and applying it toward something newer.

FWIW, I inherited an old Marlin bolt action, single shot from my FIL. Rifling was awesome, but the stock and part of the barrel was covered in old shellac. My goal was to refinish the rifle, install a rear peep sight and a front globe sight. However, another INGO member was looking for just such a rifle and I sold it to him before starting my project.

A year later, he no longer had a need for the rifle and I bought it back. He had stripped the old shellac from the stock and refinished it with a nice oil finish, added a rear peep sight, and a front globe sight ... all the things I had intended to do with the rifle. The rifle is a tack driver.

I'm sure the same will be true of your rifle if the barrel is in good shape.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Although I mostly just read this thread, I'm always saddened to hear of misfortune among you merry band of brothers. Prayers sent.

In the spirit of this thread, I offer CZ:

- 22 Hornet. Longest varmint laid to rest at 240 yards.

Had seen the same varmint at the same spot on the pond for three consecutive mornings, where it would see me first and take off. So I layed my plan the day before by placing a target at that spot and shooting for drop, which appeared to be 18" at 240 yds. I lined up my truck where I could walk out the front of the house and sneak up behind the truck. Worked like a charm with the rear corner of the truck as my rest.

This is a long-eye-relief Nikon Omega 3x9 scope, which helps get proper eye relief on some rifles. Decent glass too. Pics aren't that great.

View attachment 202161

View attachment 202162

What a pretty little hornet!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom