The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    And since I'm in the neighborhood, how about a helicopter that means all-business ! :chuck:

IMG_6428%20copy-X2.jpg

A Cobra?

I remember when a big "wargames" type training the US Army did when I was a kid at Freeman Field. Apache helicopters by the dozen. The most awesome spectacle ever. They were always my favorite.

That little field has some deep history. The photo was taken on the 2nd floor of a building I later worked in. There was a basement but it was sealed off with diamond plate. I guarantee it was full of water, but I always was curious if there were treasures long forgotten down there.

A lot of history out there. Neat little WW2 display in the Airfield Museum. Caught a show or 2 at the NG Armory (Company C, 2nd Squadron, 152nd Cavalry Regiment). You guys would love the memorabilia.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    A Cobra?

I remember when a big "wargames" type training the US Army did when I was a kid at Freeman Field. Apache helicopters by the dozen. The most awesome spectacle ever. They were always my favorite.

That little field has some deep history. The photo was taken on the 2nd floor of a building I later worked in. There was a basement but it was sealed off with diamond plate. I guarantee it was full of water, but I always was curious if there were treasures long forgotten down there.

A lot of history out there. Neat little WW2 display in the Airfield Museum. Caught a show or 2 at the NG Armory (Company C, 2nd Squadron, 152nd Cavalry Regiment). You guys would love the memorabilia.

Might even be a Super Cobra ..... but I'm not sure. It was all that I could do to keep swinging the camera all day. The action was non-stop.
    For some reason, I remember 'something' about Freeman Field myself. !?!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    ALASKA !!! ..... you lucky dog !
    MM, the scenery is absolutely breath taking / wife brought her $4k Canon camera / look forward to posting more pics from that. Internet is spotty to say the least and too cheap to pay the liberal Disney mouse for their spotty and EXPENSIVE sea internet!!! We’re at Hoonah today. Juneau tomorrow and Ketchikan on Saturday…enjoying sunny skies and free internet, drinking rum and coke, which the rum was a stowaway…..lol!!!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Might even be a Super Cobra ..... but I'm not sure. It was all that I could do to keep swinging the camera all day. The action was non-stop.
    For some reason, I remember 'something' about Freeman Field myself. !?!

You get to Seymour and we'll go check it out!

10-1 every Saturday

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    For you, my friend !

IMG_6312%20copy-XL.jpg

IMG_6314%20copy-X2.jpg
    Thank you amigo. That’s one dead sexy warthog! They fly over my location occasionally going to Purdue and sometimes low enough to see the pilot, awesome birds! Was working for a contractor over at married housing on campus and was given a break to go on top of the parking garage to watch them come in and take off. It's amazing how slow they can fly doing a 180° turn and stay in the air. Could only imagine the damage that 30mm GAU-8 could do to a bunch of bad guys doing that kind of maneuver. Along with air to air and air to ground munitions that bird is a BEAST!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thank you amigo. That’s one dead sexy warthog! They fly over my location occasionally going to Purdue and sometimes low enough to see the pilot, awesome birds! Was working for a contractor over at married housing on campus and was given a break to go on top of the parking garage to watch them come in and take off. It's amazing how slow they can fly doing a 180° turn and stay in the air. Could only imagine the damage that 30mm GAU-8 could do to a bunch of bad guys doing that kind of maneuver. Along with air to air and air to ground munitions that bird is a BEAST!

I concur .... BEAST it is ! :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yesterday major accomplishment. The last big item on the “Must be done” list.
    All 3 drums came full of race fuel. 2 of these are now full of used oil. Been setting a good while and time to go.
    When you are servicing the race rugs/cars and the families fleet it’s easy to have that much used oil on hand. The fella that took it has a waste oil heater in his maintenance building.
    7C8A6C63-A13E-44B0-A793-F049A95252A4.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom