THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sam's company did well with smaller models. The 1849 on the top of the photo was his first big success, and a target for others to copy in the years that followed. The 1877 Lightning, second from the top, was Colt's first DA offering but was quirky and hard to keep running. Still, it's small size, light weight, and power when chambered in 41 LC kept it popular well into the 20the century. The Pocket Positive as it's name says was a good carry revolver in the early 20th century running with the 1903 Pocket Model Auto which achieved legendary sales. It's combination of good ergonomics, point ability and small size made it a good fit for many Americans over the 20th century. The Pocket Hammer on the bottom was a less successful idea, really just being a shortened 1902 model. In it's short time on the market though it provided a powerful alternative to 32 ACP. With the introduction of the 1911 the Hammer fades away as people choosing power buy the 1911 and those choosing conceal ability buy the 1903.

sams.jpg

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Sam's company did well with smaller models. The 1849 on the top of the photo was his first big success, and a target for others to copy in the years that followed. The 1877 Lightning, second from the top, was Colt's first DA offering but was quirky and hard to keep running. Still, it's small size, light weight, and power when chambered in 41 LC kept it popular well into the 20the century. The Pocket Positive as it's name says was a good carry revolver in the early 20th century running with the 1903 Pocket Model Auto which achieved legendary sales. It's combination of good ergonomics, point ability and small size made it a good fit for many Americans over the 20th century. The Pocket Hammer on the bottom was a less successful idea, really just being a shortened 1902 model. In it's short time on the market though it provided a powerful alternative to 32 ACP. With the introduction of the 1911 the Hammer fades away as people choosing power buy the 1911 and those choosing conceal ability buy the 1903.

View attachment 252554
    I do so love leadeye history lessons, while drinking the nectar of the gods (aka COFFEE!!!) :coffee: :coffee:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Back from some GPT. Had a problem with my Performance Center Victory .22 today. Believe it was an overpressured .22 round with a weak case or something as it blew a huge cloud of smoke and crud out from both sides of the gun and I believe it broke the firing pin. Used a rod to verify nothing lodged in the barrel, but afterwards all rounds from two different types of ammo only went click and not bang. Need to get it tore down to see what I can see. Wildest thing though. I had huge black marks on both hands from the discharge. I was like :tantrum:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Good late morning, CZers!!! :coffee::coffee:
    Back from some GPT. Had a problem with my Performance Center Victory .22 today. Believe it was an overpressured .22 round with a weak case or something as it blew a huge cloud of smoke and crud out from both sides of the gun and I believe it broke the firing pin. Used a rod to verify nothing lodged in the barrel, but afterwards all rounds from two different types of ammo only went click and not bang. Need to get it tore down to see what I can see. Wildest thing though. I had huge black marks on both hands from the discharge. I was like :tantrum:
    What brand/type of ammo did the dirty
    deed, wtb???

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Holy smokes! (get it...smokes....)

Out of battery discharge?

Salvage the case?

Less likely but you could have had a squib before that almost cleared the barrel and the next round cleared it and itself - but I doubt this was the case. I only mention that as I would check the barrel very carefully.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good late morning, CZers!!! :coffee::coffee:

What brand/type of ammo did the dirty
    deed, wtb???

It was Browning stuff.

Holy smokes! (get it...smokes....)

Out of battery discharge?

Salvage the case?

Less likely but you could have had a squib before that almost cleared the barrel and the next round cleared it and itself - but I doubt this was the case. I only mention that as I would check the barrel very carefully.

Yep, will make sure to do that, thanks. Unfortunately wasn't able to find the case afterwards. Would have shed some light on the situation I believe, had I found it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It was Browning stuff.

Yep, will make sure to do that, thanks. Unfortunately wasn't able to find the case afterwards. Would have shed some light on the situation I believe, had I found it.
    You might find the case lodged in the firing pin channel. :lmfao:

and, in my original post, I should have said, "Glad you and anyone around, remained uninjured". :thumbsup:

Of course, it was just a 22....not like trying to shoot 9mm in a 40sw... :stickpoke::): :ugh:

and one more emoti-icon-picture-thingy just for ghits and siggles.

:cheers:

Last edited:

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    BUL Armory Commander Stainless .45 ACP 4.25 Barrel 8-Rounds BUL Armory Commander Stainless .45 ACP 4.25" Barrel 8-Rounds
    The Bul Armory Commander offers excellent accuracy and performance with a reliable and durable 1911 pistol design. It comes chambered in .45 ACP with a 4.25 inch barrel. Features include Novak style sights, polymer grips, and an 8 round magazine. Buy guns online and get the best gun deals online from GrabAGun today!
    Price: $899.99

BUL Armory 1911 Government Stainless 9mm 5 Barrel 10-Rounds Novak Style Sights BUL Armory 1911 Government Stainless 9mm 5" Barrel 10-Rounds Novak Style Sights
    The Bul Armory 1911 Government offers high performance and accuracy in a durable and reliable handgun design. It comes chambered in 9mm with a 5 inch barrel. Features include Novak style sights, manual and grip safeties, and two 10 round magazines. Get the best handgun deals online from GrabAGun today!
    Price: $869.99

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom