THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My 2 cents on this is you don’t want to keep making do because at some point, no matter how well you maintain/fix and upgrade an older vehicle you will eventually have a catastrophic failure and that is not the time to upgrade. While the old S10 is still doing its job is the time to look for something else. Also gives you the luxury of having it to drive while if whatever you get needs some upgrades.

You work hard for your family, you deserve to drive something with a working fuel gauge and speedometer, and even a little bit of luxury!
    Norm, do you have kids? I can't remember. What that has to do with anything, I'm not sure. Just popped into my head.

I say listen to the guilt.
    Gas Guage, speedometer is overrated. Live like no one else, so later you can live and give like no one else. As a mechanically inclined individual I thought you were obligated to drive old ones you've kept alive with baling wire and sweat equity?

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yes or no for the INGO lowers that I'm going to build for my kids?

Stag builds good guns. Not sure why their lpk could be faulted, but I don’t know what I don’t know too.
    He’s lowered his price, he was just 5-10 under what I found them for online when it first posted.
    If you don’t, I might, but I don’t need them.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It has been a Colt kinda week. I think I can post this here since Colt is Cz?

The 1903 is my birthday present to myself to celebrate 88's birthday.

Much thanks to @Hoosier45 for running the pantless hiway in sub-freezing temps and to @Leadeye for his encouragement on all three.

1675393140124.png

@jagee : the "stag" handled knives are in the pic just for you.....

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Welp..."Acute Bronchitis" is the call.

Gonna be on some heavy doses of Anti-Bio's & even Prednisone...yippeee.!

I'll get back with you to let cha all in on the gory details.

Thank you all for the prayers also - now let's be kicking this crap to the curb, shall we...??

Get well, Deacon ! We have chops to produce. The DAW is up & running, and my world percussion section is shaping-up.
    I need a vocalist, and a keyboardist .... I need YOU ! :cowbell:

i-7L3G6mD-XL.jpg

i-QHwnZBN-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

The 1903 is my birthday present to myself to celebrate 88'3 birthday.

Much thanks to @Hoosier45 for running the pantless hiway in sub-freezing temps and to @Leadeye for his encouragement on all three.

View attachment 252494

Gall-dang, that's a beautiful ensemble, Bandit. ! :wow:
    I bet that you hope that 88' has a birthday every month !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Gall-dang, that's a beautiful ensemble, Bandit. ! :wow:
    I bet that you hope that 88' has a birthday every month !
    Hopefully he doesn't have another birthday for a year--gun fund is a deep negative.

Love your music stuff...wish I had an ounce of talent.

Always wanted to learn to play piano and drums but...

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Norm, do you have kids? I can't remember. What that has to do with anything, I'm not sure. Just popped into my head.
    Nope

Gas Guage, speedometer is overrated. Live like no one else, so later you can live and give like no one else. As a mechanically inclined individual I thought you were obligated to drive old ones you've kept alive with baling wire and sweat equity?
    I drove old, cheap vehicles for years. Did almost all my own work (would not now, too many electronics). Would not drive anything I could not pay cash for (still do, just have more cash now and still perseverate over any expense over $20). But I have been where I had a major failure and found myself having to replace a vehicle fast. And that was back when you could find plentiful cheap used cars. In todays market I would not want to be in a position to need something quickly. Not saying he should go out and get a new car but planned expenses are always cheaper than unplanned.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hopefully he doesn't have another birthday for a year--gun fund is a deep negative.

Love your music stuff...wish I had an ounce of talent.

Always wanted to learn to play piano and drums but...

World percussion instruments are a lot of fun .... and you can do what I often do: just put on some Carlos Santana (or similar), and grab the Conga, or the Bongos, and just fall into a beat right along with it. No great talent needed ! ;)

OH, and CZ !

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

The 1903 is my birthday present to myself to celebrate 88's birthday.

View attachment 252494

I thought I was picking up my birthday present? You aren’t borrowing those?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morning all... :coffee:

Went to bed at 10 and my eyes flipped open just past 2 :(

No amount of tossing and turning got the re-sleep fairy to visit, so I finally gave up around 3:30 and here I am.

I tried resleep for a couple hours but now it’s laundry time.

A man’s work never ends…..

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good morning : My Lil Friday morning Peoples.!!

Pills have started to take effect - not sure but I think there is something different.

Running up to Lafayette this morning looking at a bike...just looking.

Still have my awesome FJR for sale. Am getting a serious bite from a guy in TX

Hope your world is spinning nicely today and this weekend.

Not sure what all this PRO BOWL flag football - skills etc is gonna be but I'll at least turn it on.

Have a good one - everyone.!!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

I say listen to the guilt.
    Every once in awhile you trip over a rock and say, I should have something nicer… Then after some more thought, the guilt sets in. And then you step back and think, what am I trying to do here? My life has always been about keeping older things alive. I’ve made a career of it. I’ve always driven junk, not because I had to, but because I get a weird satisfaction from it. There are times the occasional repairs are frustrating, but as we always say… A pair and a spare. Lol. I’ve always had an extra vehicle around just in case.

In our current case, my wife has a little Pontiac vibe that gets excellent fuel economy and it’s mechanically a Toyota. Paid cash for it. Her “truck” our Yukon XL, mainly sits during this weather. I don’t want to take the risk with it in salt. Paid cash for it. And I’ve got my s10, which does what I need it to. Paid cash. And I’ve got my 1970 Lemans as my main backup. Which it’s had to fill that role before. Sometimes in negative degree weather. All cash build.

I’m gonna keep plugging away. But I will be spending some of what I was going to on a different rig on some Yukon repairs and upgrades this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom