THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Budget review with the wife completed. We agreed it's time for me to pursue a career change and now have a plan to offset the pay cut that will most likely happen along with it. I either do this or my mental health continues to deteriorate. I'm looking at gunsmithing or a machinist career and already have a few leads in both fields. I know some of you think this is unwise considering the state of the world currently, but I'm at a point in my life and mental state of being where I'd rather be happier and healthier than only be wealthier.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Budget review with the wife completed. We agreed it's time for me to pursue a career change and now have a plan to offset the pay cut that will most likely happen along with it. I either do this or my mental health continues to deteriorate. I'm looking at gunsmithing or a machinist career and already have a few leads in both fields. I know some of you think this is unwise considering the state of the world currently, but I'm at a point in my life and mental state of being where I'd rather be happier and healthier than only be wealthier.
    Go for it! That's awesome! You've got it narrowed down too. If you could shadow someone in each field this might help you in your final decision between the two.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Any chance you will formally apply for my power washing job? That's been open for a few years now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Both choices are solid. A machinist can add gunsmithing as a side gig as skills increase.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    It takes a strong man of character to come to that realization and decision, and a strong woman to be open minded and supportive. I applaud you both. I pray the Lord will bless your new endeavors and open the right doors at the right time.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    If you want to be the assistant to the ditch diggers assistant there’s a mill and lathe available for after hours use. Except days like today, when it’s regular hours use.

And I’m sure you’d climb the ladder quickly.

ETA oh and range time.
    But the new guy has to shoot the 90 cal.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Sometimes wisdom is subjective. We can't live in your shoes. Go make something good happen, Carlos.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Morning folks

I really appreciate the positive words of reinforcement. You guys are part of my foundation that keeps me planted and it really means a lot to me. I'm lucky to have such good like minded friends.

We're not in it for the discount. Repeat, We're not in it for the discount.

Also, is there a discount if we don't wear pants when we drop off work?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    All parts inbound! Should have everything in hand by the time the INGO lowers are done.
    Sneaky peaksy...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom