• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Thanks, guys. It'll be a rather quick, quiet affair....can't blame people for not wanting to attend funeral showings / services. At least all of the arrangements were made in advance with Newcomer (sp?) funeral home, so there isn't that process to deal with.
    It's such a rotten time of the year for a funeral !
    Prayers MM, funerals suck, and agree this time of year really sucks!!! Standing in the cold and snow for both of my grandparents was not a pleasant experience. Once again, thoughts and prayers be with you and your family.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    This is the funniest song I've ever heard; we could all use a laugh today. CM might want to skip over the letter "J".

Dang Spicy!!!! You made my week!!!! and you were right, we could all use a little cheering up with the covid, and all the other doom and gloom......ONCE AGAIN, THANKS!!!!
    :biggun::+1::ar15::smileak::woot::shady::bacondance::bacondance:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've read every one of your sympathetic posts, my gangster friends .... and I appreciate all of them.
    It's been a long day, so I don't have the energy to respond to them individually, but please know that all of your thoughts are appreciated.

Evidently (as 88' can probably attest), everyone seems to be dying in the winter ! Even though all of my sister-in-laws final arrangements were pre-paid, it'll be next Tuesday before the services, and Wednesday for the actual burial.

In the process, my oldest daughter has decided to fly-in from California. It's probably true that she'll be good support for my wife ... as I'm not really keen on 'feelings' (so they tell me). And on top of everything, the funeral is happening the day before my 70th birthday. Ah well, I suppose it's a birthday that I won't forget !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Like many of you have expressed, I'm vey concerned about WT right now. It seems as if the virus has hit him very hard.
    I'll add my good thoughts, and hope that he turns the corner soon !

Of course, there are several others who are suffering from physical afflictions right now. May you kick them to the curb, and prep for a Spring and Summer of many pews !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Are you back in the market or just know someone that is?
    Well, I got a nice M&P for a super righteous price for CKW to keep as a HP night stand
    Gun. Turns out we have soiled her. It’s plastic. It’s stricter fired with the mushy trigger and she pretty much does not like it.
    While I really have no issues with the simplified that hand gun we have spoiled her.
    -No hammer. :(
    -Plastic :(
    -mushy trigger :(
    -Short hand grip. Needs extended mags. It has one but she is spoiled. Needs ar least 4.

So I have sold some equipment such and have a bit stashed beyond what we have set back for her so I am on a mission of sorts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've read every one of your sympathetic posts, my gangster friends .... and I appreciate all of them.
    It's been a long day, so I don't have the energy to respond to them individually, but please know that all of your thoughts are appreciated.

Evidently (as 88' can probably attest), everyone seems to be dying in the winter ! Even though all of my sister-in-laws final arrangements were pre-paid, it'll be next Tuesday before the services, and Wednesday for the actual burial.

In the process, my oldest daughter has decided to fly-in from California. It's probably true that she'll be good support for my wife ... as I'm not really keen on 'feelings' (so they tell me). And on top of everything, the funeral is happening the day before my 70th birthday. Ah well, I suppose it's a birthday that I won't forget !
    My oldest son passed on my 52nd “B” day holding my hand. I have not had a “B” day since. My kids threw me a surprise party on my 70th but it was still not “My” day. It was and forever will be his. It’s coming up again.
    So no. It will not be forgotten.
    And get some feelings going my friend.
    Love you guys.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My oldest son passed on my 52nd “B” day holding my hand. I have not had a “B” day since. My kids threw me a surprise party on my 70th but it was still not “My” day. It was and forever will be his. It’s coming up again.
    So no. It will not be forgotten.
    And get some feelings going my friend.
    Love you guys.
    That's so sad, CM.
    Prayers for the sick and those experiencing grief.
    My condolences to MM.
    I hope this year gets better for us all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's so sad, CM.
    Prayers for the sick and those experiencing grief.
    My condolences to MM.
    I hope this year gets better for us all.
    It is a sadness but life can be so cruel. It does change you. In ways you never expect. Some good and some not so much.
    It gets easier but even after 20 years that day is pretty hard on me.

Hey Ben, what are you doing up at this hour :):

Last edited:

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My Peep - Hole

Goodness, we have a bit of covid-carnage all around us

My step son's oldest son is 16, just got his license, basketball & baseball player for South Ripley.

He has this vomiting and racing heart (*racing like at rest and having 190 bpm, racing*)

There are stories - local, mind you - that this vomiting is the start of something VERY VERY BAD and can lead to death.

So we all are on watch for him.

Please, any of us here in the CZickos thread have anything like this treat it promptly and with great haste....please.

2022 is coming in like an evil overlord...let's all pray this stuff to subside and the sick to get immediately well...Amen..?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good Morning : My Peep - Hole

Goodness, we have a bit of covid-carnage all around us

My step son's oldest son is 16, just got his license, basketball & baseball player for South Ripley.

He has this vomiting and racing heart (*racing like at rest and having 190 bpm, racing*)

There are stories - local, mind you - that this vomiting is the start of something VERY VERY BAD and can lead to death.

So we all are on watch for him.

Please, any of us here in the CZickos thread have anything like this treat it promptly and with great haste....please.

2022 is coming in like an evil overlord...let's all pray this stuff to subside and the sick to get immediately well...Amen..?
    Terrorists both had this. Vomiting a lot. Or can les to dehydration and that is a killer in itself. Stay hydrated.
    They both pulled through and are doing well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

The birthday thing sucks but it is what it is. We buried my father on my 39th birthday.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Stay safe CM. This winter does seem to be a bit worse for illness.

My wife and I seem to have caught a head cold or something. So we are avoiding people, not that it is hard, we tend to be hermits anyways. Just sniffles, runny nose, occasional cough and head pain.

Saturday we have a funeral to attend. A friend's mother lost her battle with cancer a week or two back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom