The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If the group sizes that I've seen Spicy, Tarzan (and other CZ'ickos) post , get any smaller ..... my pursuits, and inadequacies in this arena will cause me to throw up my hands in utter dispair ! You accuracy worshipers better stop it, or you'll be responsible for pushing me over the edge. :tantrum:

OK.... as you were ! ;)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So that plate that is screwed to a guitar is for protection instead of decoration. I looked like burl wood in the photo.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Evening folks! Warning, no CZs were shot in the range trip I did today. This afternoon, my youngest and I headed down to HHRP for a quick range trip. On the line today was his Garand and my IBM M1 Carbine and Colt USGI 1911A1. We didn’t sling a lot of lead down range but had a good time shooting what we did. Steel at 200 yards, offhand with the M1 Carbine was a challenge to me but I was hitting 6/10.

There sure is a huge difference in the authority of ringing steel between the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine. You had to listen for the ding by the carbine but the Garand let you know for sure the steel had been hit.

The only non-WWII gun we shot today was my P226 that I had just put the GG SRT into. Function is 100% on that one. I was getting pretty good at ringing 100yd steel by just breaking the shot as the sights came back on target. It’s amazing that I struggled hitting 100 yard steel in slow fire but in a nice, moderate pace, was not struggling at all. I was 1/5 in slow fire then 3/5 in a more rapid (But not fast) pace.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Moved wood that I had cut up today and installed a new gate on the Colt 1878 in 41. That 's going out for an accuracy check next week when #2 son visits for the holiday. 41 Colt is always an iffy cartridge, different loads work better in different guns. It was really ideal for the Colt 1877, providing a really powerful cartridge in a small revolver.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Evening folks! Warning, no CZs were shot in the range trip I did today. This afternoon, my youngest and I headed down to HHRP for a quick range trip. On the line today was his Garand and my IBM M1 Carbine and Colt USGI 1911A1. We didn’t sling a lot of lead down range but had a good time shooting what we did. Steel at 200 yards, offhand with the M1 Carbine was a challenge to me but I was hitting 6/10.

There sure is a huge difference in the authority of ringing steel between the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine. You had to listen for the ding by the carbine but the Garand let you know for sure the steel had been hit.

The only non-WWII gun we shot today was my P226 that I had just put the GG SRT into. Function is 100% on that one. I was getting pretty good at ringing 100yd steel by just breaking the shot as the sights came back on target. It’s amazing that I struggled hitting 100 yard steel in slow fire but in a nice, moderate pace, was not struggling at all. I was 1/5 in slow fire then 3/5 in a more rapid (But not fast) pace.
    200 yards with a 30 carbine. You have my continued respect!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Gun stuff i did today:

Went up to the Tipton gun show today. Saw a couple friends who had tables but did not have anything follow me home.

Tried to figure out where my ammo is in the FedEx neverlands.

Seriously looking (again) for a 1911 to play with. Have a line on a NIB Springer 1911 mil spec in black for $580. LGS has a Range Officer Operator in black for $800 but gun fund not quite there yet and I prefer the look of a 1911 without a rail. LGS also has a RIA with a few extras for $400. It feels tight but…

Debating wether to get the mil spec or wait until I can get a Garrison at a decent price. Saw a couple on GB for $650 in black but then need to pay shipping and transfer fees so around $720 all in (plus tax). Have not seen any Garrisons locally for anything less than list price ($800 in black).

leaning towards getting the mil spec while I can with thoughts to upgrade dow the road if I like it or maybe trade up as they seem to hold their value pretty well.

Always open to the thoughts of the hive mind.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gun stuff i did today:

Went up to the Tipton gun show today. Saw a couple friends who had tables but did not have anything follow me home.

Tried to figure out where my ammo is in the FedEx neverlands.

Seriously looking (again) for a 1911 to play with. Have a line on a NIB Springer 1911 mil spec in black for $580. LGS has a Range Officer Operator in black for $800 but gun fund not quite there yet and I prefer the look of a 1911 without a rail. LGS also has a RIA with a few extras for $400. It feels tight but…

Debating wether to get the mil spec or wait until I can get a Garrison at a decent price. Saw a couple on GB for $650 in black but then need to pay shipping and transfer fees so around $720 all in (plus tax). Have not seen any Garrisons locally for anything less than list price ($800 in black).

leaning towards getting the mil spec while I can with thoughts to upgrade dow the road if I like it or maybe trade up as they seem to hold their value pretty well.

Always open to the thoughts of the hive mind.
    Mil spec over the RIA but that's just me.
    Make sure the fitment on the MS is decent so any upgrades will be worthy of the platform.
    Sad you can't snatch the RO Operator. As I get older, I tend to like the Operators.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    So that plate that is screwed to a guitar is for protection instead of decoration. I looked like burl wood in the photo.

Yes, I can see why it appeared like burl wood ..... it certainly looks like it.
    They actually call that a "tortoise shell" pattern, and it's there to protect the body from getting damaged by the motion of a strumming pick.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Mil spec over the RIA but that's just me.
    Make sure the fitment on the MS is decent so any upgrades will be worthy of the platform.
    Sad you can't snatch the RO Operator. As I get older, I tend to like the Operators.
    Ditto ... the Master of 1911 has spoken ! :rockwoot:

Personally, I went for the 'Loaded' Springfield, because the refinements make sense to me. In my case, I went for a stainless one, and then threw on a set of Woolly Mammoth grips that cost almost as much as the gun ! The Mouse put his touches on it, and whammo .... it's perfect for me.

Yeah, this is really me !

i-dsKQsJ7-L.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

Personally, I went for the 'Loaded' Springfield, because the refinements make sense to me. In my case, I went for a stainless one, and then threw on a set of Woolly Mammoth grips that cost almost as much as the gun ! The Mouse put his touches on it, and whammo .... it's perfect for me.

i-dsKQsJ7-L.jpg
    But we have all learned you are all in or nothing

;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

i-dsKQsJ7-L.jpg

This makes me want to put the Sigs away and grab a 1911 out of the safe for the holidays. I have it on good authority that the flag outside of your house actually shines a bit brighter in the sun when you are carrying a 1911.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So, new mags are coming via FedEx. Predicted delivery is on Tuesday. Anyone want to put odds on the actual delivery date? My wife just got a package tonight that was listed as ‘Out for delivery’ on Friday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom