The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    While the spicy one goes down the rabbit hole of reloading I have started looking at improvements for my new .22 pistol. I'm going to purchase the TandemKross Shadow mount to replace the picatinny rail. This will allow me to mount the optic of my choice with the added benefit of lower the optic.
    I'd like to upgrade the trigger on mine and install a larger mag release as well.

I found the Tandemkross halo charging ring as a huge improvement, albeit an overpriced one.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Of 6 packages being delivered by Fedex that have been sitting in Greenwood for several days, 2 finally have been scanned as on vehicle, out for delivery this morning. A couple that have been there for over a week and 2 newer ones are still sitting. Fedex has become the worst of the worst.
    Yep, the 9mm I ordered was supposed to come Friday, then Saturday, now 'delayed', whatever that means. I can't even tell where it's at currently.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Yep, the 9mm I ordered was supposed to come Friday, then Saturday, now 'delayed', whatever that means. I can't even tell where it's at currently.
    This^^^^

My 9 mm was picked up on Thursday, moved about 10 miles and was to be delivered yesterday but is now “delayed” in Savanah, GA? No current ETA. I know its the package season but FedEx has been seriously letting me down lately.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'd like to upgrade the trigger on mine and install a larger mag release as well.

I found the Tandemkross halo charging ring as a huge improvement, albeit an overpriced one.

The TK Victory trigger is awesome vs the stock trigger IMO.

This^^^^

My 9 mm was picked up on Thursday, moved about 10 miles and was to be delivered yesterday but is now “delayed” in Savanah, GA? No current ETA. I know its the package season but FedEx has been seriously letting me down lately.

I ordered a case of the same Norma ammo and am in the same boat.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Respectfully, it doesn't sound like voodoo to me. Annealing made sense to me when I researched it. It's supposed to prevent case neck splits over time (extending brass life), promotes more consistent shoulder bumps during resizing and also more consistent neck tension during bullet seating. My understanding is that all ammo manufacturers anneal their brass as do most top level shooters in the world. These are the reasons that factored into my decision to anneal my brass. YMMV.

I've used annealing for case forming when I'm making old cartridges out of newer ones. Haven't had any luck with it extending brass life. Shibumi has a good study on this somewhere on Ingo.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Much more money invested than saved in my considered estimation. Of course, I'm into minute of coyote, squirrel, and deer. And I will never invest the time or dollars you're planning to for a gain of a few thousandths or to win a few bucks on a bet. Not judging, you did you. Just not in my schedule.
    Again respectfully, I'm not chasing a few thousandths of an inch or looking to win a few bucks on a bet. I'm looking to reduce my group sizes by up to half, which means tenths of an inch and hoping to do so consistently. I just want to reduce variables, as best I can, within my budget. I'm doing this for my own satisfaction and not looking to win anything, not the internet, not attention and not money.

I understand you don't agree and would spend your time/money differently, but you're misunderstanding why I'm doing this and this is supposed to be my journey anyways. I was asked to post about this stuff along the way, so here I am.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Regarding the halo charging rings from TK for the Ruger Mark pistols there is a guy on eBay who makes one that I prefer. It has rounded edges, no branding and costs less. In black or aluminum finish. I have both. I definitely give this guy a thumbs up.

I have the Shadow Mount on my Mark IV and do like the optic mounted lower than on a pic rail.

I didn't do any internals on my trigger but do have the TK trigger, mostly for the ability to adjust it and like it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Would you say it is better than the trigger that comes with the PC model?

Honestly I guess I can't say. I do have the TK trigger I want to put in my second Victory, but haven't done so yet. The TK trigger on my Mark IV Competition can't be compared because it's got the VQ accurizing kit installed as well. I've shot a Victory with the TK trigger and remember liking it, but haven't compared them side by side.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CKW's Ruger 22/45 Lite. It has every upgrade available in it. She really loves the Cmore optic.
    91JXzpi.jpg

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Im not sure of the name but i ordered a $13 charging handle for the Mk3 22/45 on EBay a week ago and it hasn't arrived yet but should work. I can't get a link to copy but here's a pic of it. Yes I went serious tightass on it but it is what it is.

Screenshot_20211205-112946.png

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I ordered a case also and it was in Lafayette yesterday so thought itd be out for delivery today.. nope. Its in St. Louis now.. :faint:

If they would simply quit shipping items to far away cities AFTER they are in the city of delivery it would vastly improve their service AND maximize profits.

I should contact Fedex's CEO and see if they would pay me as an efficiency consultant for that info. A charge of $1mil seems quite reasonable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom