Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife’s second, our first together. Been a rough one for her… She has the gestational diabetes with this one, so it’s been…. Fun….. Because of that, they have to induce a week early. We went in today so she could have some type of balloon installed which will help speed the process up. That was interesting.

It’s either gonna be an exciting night or we are gonna walk in on schedule tomorrow morning. She’s currently contracting, so I’m ready to throw the last of the stuff in the car and go whenever. Her parents are staying with us to watch the 5 year old so we don’t have to do anything but leave.

Appreciate all the love in here. Thank you all.
    My daughter had the same gestational issues with the last one but everything came out just fine.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Either mom or baby. Whichever one is screaming.
    I thought that was where you kept the parachute?

If you wanna know who really loves you, put the dog in the trunk for a half hour ride. When you open the boot he'll be all smiles and lick your face. Momma, not so much.

Praying for a wonderful day for the three of you tomorrow.:cowbell:

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Hey, I hate to bring up CZ's in here. But in the 9mm range time thread, somebody is having ftf issues with a rami.
    About all I could offer looking at the pics is "Dude, somethings f###ed up with that", and dont think that would help him.
    Perhaps some of the more learned czers could take a look and offer some advice.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've already spent WAY too much time (because I'm a rookie plumber) installing new valve stems, and various hardware into our downstairs bathroom.
    Trying to work on 67 year old plumbing is horrid..... I had a plumber last year look at this (while he was here fixing something else) .... and he just shook his head and declared "that's a real can of worms", and wouldn't give me an estimate.

He's right .... it's a horrible can of worms. Everything is frozen together with ancient lime / calcium deposits. EVERY part is frozen to it's attached part !
    I'm actually about 3/4 through, and haven't broken anything (yet). :rockwoot:
    But, I'm hating every minute of it. Being hunched over in a bathtub is not friendly to my ailing lumbar. I can only work so long, before I have to take a break. But you know ... pride, and all that. So, I press onward !

tub%20plumbing-L.jpg

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    And that, my gangster friends, is why I haven't posted much lately. (previous post).
    However, I received an email this AM from Springfield Armory, and had to jump on one of these. It makes such perfect sense, and is innovative, in my opinion.
    It's for removing 'stuck' cartridge cases, without slamming the butt of your AR onto the ground.

Check it out. Mine has been ordered, and I have no idea of which rifle will receive the honors of an upgrade (at least, I hope that it's truly an upgrade).

Link: https://store.springfield-armory.co...n8g&utm_content=173322870&utm_source=hs_email

LEVAR™ RATCHETING CHARGING HANDLE​

levar-thumb-1.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I've already spent WAY too much time (because I'm a rookie plumber) installing new valve stems, and various hardware into our downstairs bathroom.
    Trying to work on 67 year old plumbing is horrid..... I had a plumber last year look at this (while he was here fixing something else) .... and he just shook his head and declared "that's a real can of worms", and didn't want to give me an estimate.

He's right .... it's a horrible can of worms. Everything is frozen together with ancient lime / calcium deposits. EVERY part is frozen to it's attached part !
    But, I'm hating every minute of it. Being hunched over in a bathtub is not friendly to my ailing lumbar. But you know ... pride, and all that. So, I press onward !

tub%20plumbing-L.jpg
    If it makes you feel any better I'm pulling a toilet Sat. morning. Wax seal needs replaced. Easy fix, just a half days waste and a pain in the kiester.

Can't say I've ever had a stuck casing in an AR. Even running (gasp) steel cased.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If it makes you feel any better I'm pulling a toilet Sat. morning. Wax seal needs replaced. Easy fix, just a half days waste and a pain in the kiester.

Can't say I've ever had a stuck casing in an AR. Even running (gasp) steel cased.

Ha .... there you are, for real ! Ya, I've pulled a couple of toilets in my life (for the same reason .... leaking seal). I wouldn't try it by myself now, as I wouldn't be able to handle the weight ... but I remember enough to know that I don't envy your Sat. morning ! :abused:

I have never used steel case ammo in an AR (only in my AK), but I've had at least twice that I've experienced 'stuck' cases.
    I'm a lot older than you, amigo ..... give it enough time, and it'll probably happen !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trying to work on 67 year old plumbing is horrid..... I had a plumber last year look at this (while he was here fixing something else) .... and he just shook his head and declared "that's a real can of worms", and wouldn't give me an estimate.

But, I'm hating every minute of it. Being hunched over in a bathtub is not friendly to my ailing lumbar. I can only work so long, before I have to take a break. But you know ... pride, and all that. So, I press onward !

tub%20plumbing-L.jpg
    Another reason I abhor plumbing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ha .... there you are, for real ! Ya, I've pulled a couple of toilets in my life (for the same reason .... leaking seal). I wouldn't try it by myself now, as I wouldn't be able to handle the weight ... but I remember enough to know that I don't envy your Sat. morning ! :abused:

I have never used steel case ammo in an AR (only in my AK), but I've had at least twice that I've experienced 'stuck' cases.
    I'm a lot older than you, amigo ..... give it enough time, and it'll probably happen !
    I have had stuck brass in an AR.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I see my bud, RR, is the only CZ'icko still on INGO tonight. Probably because he's working a shift that some wussy decided he couldn't handle, for whatever reason.
    Our RR does not let a little problem keep him from being responsible.
    I salute you, RR ! :cheers:
    Somebody's gotta wear the daddy pants. I'd quote the great Ole Painless (Jesse Ventura), but the filter would make that illegible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom