Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Well, ****. Now on the hunt for a new mount or riser plate.
    39df059f8342783077f933dfcc5ffcdf.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Easy fix. T1/T2 pattern base. PA has a 1.65 height base for $29. Centerline on the Romeo is 1.41. Aside from that she's coming along nicely. Got the hook-up from a pimp today on that magnifier.

Slightly disappointed, pimps wear trench coats for maximum effect. Maybe next time.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I had already planned the contingency before I searched. Have the plate from the Arisaka mount I just took off another. I'll pay PA to make it for me, 1 less thing I have to do. I (w)horde parts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As active as I as today and as exhausted from it I figured sleep was a given.
    guess not.
    Had the Terrorists last night. They love sleeping out here with me. We put up the air mattress and hang out.
    I am sleep in the recliner until everything heals up from the surgery’s so it’s a slumber party. Thing is every little sigh/cough/noise they make I have to check on them. Covers kicked off etc. so I don’t get much sleep. But they love it.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My People.!!

Pumpkin show went on without a hitch yesterday...last day today

Might hafta make some of my chili today - the weather it is a changin'.!!

My range is closed so I'm not having quite the fun I should be as I picked up this little gem in a trade...

1632654460017.png

Yes it is in God's Caliber - 45 ACP.

No I haven't fired it yet.

Yes it looks/feels better externally & interiorly than a Springer for less money.

Yes I'll swap out that funky black simple front sight for a cool FO one.

Yes I gotta hec of a deal on it via trade.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Did the guy who disassembled 22 rimfires dissect any of these?

Morning folks.

Finished up the "declaration of intention to marry" letter for the visa application. Hopefully submitting Tuesday morning.

I will probably pick up a Midwest Industries rod for the upper. Can get it ~$80 shipped, I think. Used a rotary tool on that AR upper... Just the dust cover though. Have the same basic upper/lower combo as in this reddit post with an ADM ambi lower and LH stag upper. Have to bring down (up?) the one corner a bit to get clearance with that jumbo bolt catch. Will pick up those brass tools for the hammer and trigger the next time I make an actual Brownells order.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did the guy who disassembled 22 rimfires dissect any of these?

Morning folks.

Finished up the "declaration of intention to marry" letter for the visa application. Hopefully submitting Tuesday morning.

I will probably pick up a Midwest Industries rod for the upper. Can get it ~$80 shipped, I think. Used a rotary tool on that AR upper... Just the dust cover though. Have the same basic upper/lower combo as in this reddit post with an ADM ambi lower and LH stag upper. Have to bring down (up?) the one corner a bit to get clearance with that jumbo bolt catch. Will pick up those brass tools for the hammer and trigger the next time I make an actual Brownells order.
    I think he's only disassembled CCI SV and then recently Eley Tenex as well.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Did the guy who disassembled 22 rimfires dissect any of these?...
    ...I will probably pick up a Midwest Industries rod for the upper. Can get it ~$80 shipped, I think. Used a rotary tool on that AR upper... Just the dust cover though. Have the same basic upper/lower combo as in this reddit post with an ADM ambi lower and LH stag upper. Have to bring down (up?) the one corner a bit to get clearance with that jumbo bolt catch. Will pick up those brass tools for the hammer and trigger the next time I make an actual Brownells order.

I ordered a couple of bricks of the RWS. With RWS's reputation with .22LR and that price, it's bound to be worth the $.

I would have taken the top off of the bolt catch for a cleaner look.

The Brownells trigger/hammer pin punch is VERY useful. It's end is tapered making installation of the trigger and hammer much easier than trying to hold things in place while you get a pin in. Put the tool in first to line things up and let the actual pin knock the tool out when you push it in. I have also found many other uses for it as well. Pushing out a 1911 mainspring housing pin and realigning it for installation is another application.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I ordered a couple of bricks of the RWS. With RWS's reputation with .22LR and that price, it's bound to be worth the $.
    I don't disagree, but I'm sitting on an amount of 22 rimfire that if published in a local news story, coworkers would say "why does a graduate student have a stockpile?! :runaway: " I just think my $200 is currently better spent on actually getting some range time in and apparently buying tools I didn't know I needed.

I would have taken the top off of the bolt catch for a cleaner look.
    Fair. But I figured the dust cover is cheap to replace if I mess it up. Just a little off the edge then deburred. I have some alumiblack somewhere to touch up the paint on it.

The Brownells trigger/hammer pin punch is VERY useful. It's end is tapered making installation of the trigger and hammer much easier than trying to hold things in place while you get a pin in. Put the tool in first to line things up and let the actual pin knock the tool out when you push it in. I have also found many other uses for it as well. Pushing out a 1911 mainspring housing pin and realigning it for installation is another application.
    It sounds pretty good. I don't currently have plans for another lower quite yet so I'm not in a rush. I'll definitely be getting another ambi option when I do (this ADM is pretty sweet to me). Anyway, I'm a good few months away from messing with another lower. No 1911 yet, either. Planning eventually on a DWX once I go get a real job.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I shoot rifles left-handed because my grandpa was a lefty and he taught me how to shoot when I was a wee lad. I've always just adapted to RH rifles but I've always wanted to check out those Stag uppers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom