Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I kind of find it neat that Springfield is not just cranking out yet another striker fired poly gun to disappear into the masses of near identical offerings by other companies. It's cool to see an iconic design made relevant again after Browning dropped them a couple of years back. Maybe someday we'll see something similar to the 1911 in that the design just keeps getting better and better with each new iteration.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Am thinking of buying my first CZ pistol, as I recently got some disposable funds, and I've heard various people speak highly of them.
    I definitely want one made with a steel frame with a hammer.
    Any recommendations?
    What's some various choices for concealed carry, home protection, range shooting.
    Rounds I like are 10mm, .357 Sig, .45ACP, 9mm.
    I DON'T want to spend a lot, but want something decent.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Am thinking of buying my first CZ pistol, as I recently got some disposable funds, and I've heard various people speak highly of them.
    Any recommendations?
    What's some various choices for concealed carry, home protection, range shooting.

The seminal CZ is the CZ 75. Full size handgun and very nice. 9mm. If you like something a little beefier, the SP-01 is a nice choice. If you prefer a .45, the 97 is your best bet. If full size isn't what you're looking for, the CZ 75 compact or P-01 would fit the bill. I myself prefer the 75 compact or P-01. Very nice size and very soft shooting.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Any recommendations?
    CZ97 is outstanding for .45ACP
    I haven't shot any that I didn't like, but there are some factors, if you want polymer vs metal, and hammer vs striker.
    I would suggest getting together with one of us and trying out a variety of them and see what you like. I'm on the West side of Indy.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The seminal CZ is the CZ 75. Full size handgun and very nice. 9mm. If you like something a little beefier, the SP-01 is a nice choice. If you prefer a .45, the 97 is your best bet. If full size isn't what you're looking for, the CZ 75 compact or P-01 would fit the bill. I myself prefer the 75 compact or P-01. Very nice size and very soft shooting.
    I think if I'm going full sized for something that I wont carry often, I'd go .45 CZ 97, or if I'm gonna concealed carry, a CZ 75 Compact 9mm with a steel frame.
    Just wondering if I'm thinking correctly on this.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    CZ97 is outstanding for .45ACP
    I haven't shot any that I didn't like, but there are some factors, if you want polymer vs metal, and hammer vs striker.
    I would suggest getting together with one of us and trying out a variety of them and see what you like. I'm on the West side of Indy.
    I've heard good things about the CZ 97.
    I definitely want a steel frame with a hammer.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I definitely want one made with a steel frame with a hammer.
    Any recommendations?
    I really love my SP01, 19 + 1 rnds of 9 mm, sits at my bedside with a light attached to the rail. Soft shooter and much more accurate than I will ever be.

For carry I have a 75D PCR which has an alloy frame and steel slide. A little lighter than the all steel 75 compact in the same size, 15 + 1, 9 mm rnds

My workshop pistol is a 20 year old all steel Tanfoglio witness in .45. If you are not familiar it is a clone of the CZ 97. Again a very soft shooter and more accurate than me. I picked it up for cheap until I save up for a 97 bd. It‘s the only CZ/CZ clone I have without a decocker (has a safety and it sits in the workshop safe in condition 1).

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I think if I'm going full sized for something that I wont carry often, I'd go .45 CZ 97, or if I'm gonna concealed carry, a CZ 75 Compact 9mm with a steel frame.
    Just wondering if I'm thinking correctly on this.
    I have never fired one but new or nearly new 2075 Rami’s can be had. Yet a little smaller than the compact but still an all steel, hammer fired pistol. I personally felt the size difference was not enough to prefer it over my 75D

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    :+1:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    All's well after todays dental work. Slept several hours when I got home. No discomfort yet but i took a painkiller as a preventative. Time for a bowl of ice cream.

That SA-35 looks interesting. This forum continues to be pricey.
    Glad to see you made it thru. Ice cream is great for making the gums feel better. Keep it up with the pain killers for a few days. Ask me how I know…

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Springfield sent the new LevAR racheting charging handle with lightning speed.
    It's a hunk of well-engineered metal. I like !

Standard position
    i-LpPSRdW-XL.jpg

3X mechanical force extraction positon
    i-cDCSnt7-XL.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom