• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Worked on getting a stubborn screw out of the Remington last night, it's not correct for the gun so there may be some tap work in the future to repair whatever damage has been done to the threads. Been raining here in the GSF most of the day but we have a good meal planned for later. The gardener and I mark 42 years marriage today.:)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Worked on getting a stubborn screw out of the Remington last night, it's not correct for the gun so there may be some tap work in the future to repair whatever damage has been done to the threads. Been raining here in the GSF most of the day but we have a good meal planned for later. The gardener and I mark 42 years marriage today.:)
    Congratulations, Leadeye ! I know (well) how long 42 years is...... as I'll have been married for (41) years on Saturday, the 18th. :)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Congratulations! That's awesome!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'll save some of you some time reading on that rimfire stuff I posted earlier.

Here is a good nugget of info from JA:

I've attempted sorting by rim thickness, by cartridge length, by weight multiple times.
    CCI SV, SK Rifle Match, CCI 17 hmr....a full brick each time.
    Results showed sorting wasn't worth the effort.
    Returns were so small, it calculated out that time and expense made it more cost effective
    to purchase expensive competition quality cartridges in the first place.
    The basic fact is, you are attempting to control results by attributing cause to a single variable,
    in a multi variable equation. That just doesn't work.
    By disassembling the cartridges the variations in components illustrates why.
    Sort by weight....you have no clue which component or combination is causing mv spread.
    Sort by length...you may have a better fit to the lands, but it won't fix the other problems.
    Sort by rim thickness... it's possible to obtain a more uniform pin impact, but won't fix all the other annoyances.

I did find one method of sorting that actually does improve results for precision paper punching.
    Visual inspection of each cartridge for assembly line/production caused damage.
    If the cartridges show dents, dings, asymmetry, irregular seating depth, canted bullets,
    bullet material compressed down over the crimp line, damaged or uneven drive bands,
    scratches or chips anywhere on the cartridges, it shows poor quality and there will be strays.
    My problem is, when I culled by visible defect, entire brands were eliminated from purchase.
    I have to exclude any rimfire labeled Battle Born, Cascade, CCI, Federal, GemTech,
    Remington, Winchester, Aguila, Armscor or Sellier&Bellot.
    That left me with the only options being Eley, SK/Lapua, RWS and Fiocchi Italia made rimfire ammo.
    They do make the effort to minimize visible damage to the cartridge components, and batch test
    in order to grade their products before labeling and shipping.
    They do the checking/sorting for us...makes them worth lot testing before purchase.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Anybody know anything about this little gem.? Supposedly a German Officer side arm. Not sure of caliber.

Also can you give an approx value?

TIA

Attachments

• 39760.jpeg
      39760.jpeg
      77 KB · Views: 16
    • 39761.jpeg
      39761.jpeg
      71.6 KB · Views: 16
    • 39762.jpeg
      39762.jpeg
      73.2 KB · Views: 16

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Got my freezer lid prepped and painted so it isn't rust with small amounts of white mixed in.

Walked down to my pistol range got my stand target set up and my shooting table to 25 yards. Then somewhere my knee said I did something wrong so now I'm attempting to make it feel better.

Sure felt good to do a few things finally.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom