bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n gents

Got a strong 4hrs sleep lastnight. Guarantee a nap in my future.

Prayers and positive energy for CM, CKW and for Mrs. Mcapo.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If you haven't done the break in for your barrel yet, those kind of groups are to be expected. As I mentioned previously, I think I was around 80 rounds through the barrel before I got my first sub-MOA group with my Bergara. I believe it was about the same for 88 with his Tikka. Worth spending the time to get the barrel broke in, then you just need to figure out the ammo the barrel likes... :):
    So far, I only have (38) rounds through the rifle......but it's probably ME that needs to get broke-in ! ;)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Anybody got 2 12"x12" pieces of 3/8" marine plywood?

I hate to buy an $88 sheet for 2 ft² of the stuff.
    All I got is 3/4" sanded pine. Mint condish...

What a day. Early AM shopping with the turkeys, chicken lunch in the park w/ reckless playground shenanigans, ice cream at the spot, and now back home for artsy fartsy time. I need a nap before work.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I know that a sign of a poor worker is that he blames his tools. And truthfully, my eyesight / arthritis might not ever allow me to become the precision shooter that many of you have attained .... BUT, I'm sure going to try and get better.
    The biggest hold-back might certainly be ME, and I can live with that, and try to improve my technique.

However, I think that improving my equipment in two areas could help me.

One of the things that I distinctly remember is the solidity of the Bull-Bag style rest that my bud 0830 let me use at his farm. When you combine that with the knowledge that mcapo expressed (that he wished he had purchased this shooting bag), I felt froggy and jumped on this newest style.

1628099191914.png

Also, I've needed new glasses for some time now. Yesterday, I was often seeing 'double' lines on the main reticle crosshairs .... not something that is conducive to good shooting. (I usually just picked a point in-between the double lines !)
    Plus, I need a higher power scope than the 16X max that I was using.
    I don't have Zeiss money ! (cough, cough) ;) , but whatever I get has to have at least 24X magnification. So .... a shopping I shall go !

If you've read all of this, you must like me .... thanks ! :chest:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Also, I've needed new glasses for some time now. Yesterday, I was often seeing 'double' lines on the main reticle crosshairs ...
    Does your scope have an adjustable diopter on the eye piece and if it does, have you adjusted it to your eyesight? This adjustment is used during your initial setup to focus the crosshairs.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Does your scope have an adjustable diopter on the eye piece and if it does, have you adjusted it to your eyesight? This adjustment is used during your initial setup to focus the crosshairs.
    Yup, it does, and I did (from the get-go). :)
    Yesterday, the 'doubles' would kind of come and go .... seemed to be somewhat a function of how I tilted / positioned my head.
    I dunno .... I've never experienced that before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom