Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    2hrs straight before the sleep NAZIs came through.
    regardless how they feel the mouse is sleeping at home tonight
    Seeing you here is good. Hearing you say fire sale in the future does not make me glad. But I'll be saving up in order to afford to overpay on purpose if you need funds. Figure I owe you a lot more than that just in friendship dues. Terrorist therapy at home sounds like it would be good.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Grow it in a bucket. It's nearly impossible to get rid of and invasive once it gets started.
    I agree. My dad planted some bamboo at their house and it's doing well. You have runners underground that will go out and then pop up. According to my dad you can just mow over the ones that you don't want to grow. I would be in favor of putting them in an contained environment too. My mom hates the bamboo.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Grow it in a bucket. It's nearly impossible to get rid of and invasive once it gets started.

Down south at least, once bamboo is established, it can take over the area. My elderly aunt and uncle, down by the gulf coast, spread it widely as accent areas on their property, over a large area, over 20 years ago. It was a chore to keep it under control, and since my uncle passed away, my aunt has not been able to keep up on it. It has literally conquered everything in sight for acres all around. You can barely walk through her yard.

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Down south at least, once bamboo is established, it can take over the area. My elderly aunt and uncle, down by the gulf coast, spread it widely as accent areas on their property, over a large area, over 20 years ago. It was a choir to keep it under control, and since my uncle passed away, my aunt has not been able to keep up on it. It has literally conquered everything in sight for acres all around. You can barely walk through her yard.

My dad has some trails cut through his bamboo, and the grandkids love it! In the hot summer it is very cool inside with a breeze that is magnificent. If it didn't try to take over I would love to grow some between us and the neighbors, but I dare not mess with it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Down south at least, once bamboo is established, it can take over the area. My elderly aunt and uncle, down by the gulf coast, spread it widely as accent areas on their property, over a large area, over 20 years ago. It was a chore to keep it under control, and since my uncle passed away, my aunt has not been able to keep up on it. It has literally conquered everything in sight for acres all around. You can barely walk through her yard.

Agreed, in the south, bamboo seems to become very invasive. Not quite kudzu invasive, but generally a PITA to deal with it and all the runners and roots.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I need more than 3 hours at a stretch . but the Hospital staff does not see it this way. NAZI agents of mind control
    Back after the mild heart attack and mini stroke I had to have a toe amputation (due to hospital negligence) because of a ingrown toe nail they knew about but did not do anything about it. I was on a antibiotic IV drip 6 times a day, couple with that and what seemed every 2 hours waking me up I got NO sleep. First day my In-laws brought me home, I slept 20 hours I was so exhausted.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Back after the mild heart attack and mini stroke I had to have a toe amputation (due to hospital negligence) because of a ingrown toe nail they knew about but did not do anything about it. I was on a antibiotic IV drip 6 times a day, couple with that and what seemed every 2 hours waking me up I got NO sleep. First day my In-laws brought me home, I slept 20 hours I was so exhausted.
    One time when I was inpatient, I went all the way off on two of the housekeeping staff who were standing right outside my door gossiping at 2am. "Do you understand how unbelievably RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE you are being???" Went on to explain that it's bad enough that the nurses poke, prod, and give you pills every couple of hours. I don't need to be awakened again just because you want to talk **** about some chick's hair.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom