Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I too know this feeling, our entire Subdivision resides outside of the town of Plainfield. 3 years ago they started annexing land swapped with Hendricks County. The land butts up to our subdivision, Plainfield promptly zoned it Commercial and froze us out and screwed us over. Now 4 distribution warehouse are built/being built and they have shut off a major artery into the Sub.

Our once quit neighborhood is now bombarded with noise day and night.
    Onr thing to look at is ground water contamination aspect, if your water source is a protected resource. Force them to speed MILLIONS to protect your water supply.

It sounds like you're suffering from something similar, unfortunately.
    Yup, water is a big concern in the area. I haven't thrown in the towel yet, but the cards are stacked against me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've seen people buy a plot of land, haul in a bunch of old trailers and then rent them out. This almost always requires city water as in southern Indiana it's hard to get enough ground water. Septic issues are another things that pops up if you have restrictions on the ground quality and home density. Where I live they don't have zoning but are very particular about septic because of the karst ground.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've seen people buy a plot of land, haul in a bunch of old trailers and then rent them out. This almost always requires city water as in southern Indiana it's hard to get enough ground water. Septic issues are another things that pops up if you have restrictions on the ground quality and home density. Where I live they don't have zoning but are very particular about septic because of the karst ground.
    Yup, we're looking at several things along those lines.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    How do you like the "silent" JPE springs? Also, Ambi lower? The nice thing about ARs is how many options there are. The daunting thing about ARs is how many options there are.

Evening, Folks.
    Howdy, JE .... how are things in the world of science today ?

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Howdy, JE .... how are things in the world of science today ?
    To quote Darwin, " I am very poorly today and very stupid and I hate everybody and everything. One lives only to make blunders."
    Things are okay. I failed to extend an algorithm for calculated the lowest energy state of a quantum system. I of'en feel like a hamster in a wheel.

How are things with you (besides the commercial campground issues)?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I did have some happiness today ! :alright:
    Finally, at 3:30 PM, the Amazon truck brought my scope rings.

I'ma going to try this 4-16X scope at first. It's new, and I bought it last year, but never mounted it on anything. Although I'll be wishing for more magnification at patience's 400 yard berm, the contest we had this Spring was at 200 yards, and I'm hoping that it'll be an accurate scope out to 300 yards. If not, I'll switch it out with one of my others ..... one I have goes out to 30X power (but I never use it at that, because it's so hard to get in the eye-box properly).

The first shots should be going downrange either tomorrow, or Sunday. I'm not that worried about accuracy this early in the game. Have to play the barrel break-in game, and just start getting some rounds through it, with the specified tedious cleaning schedule.

i-PRH8VMJ-L.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    To quote Darwin, " I am very poorly today and very stupid and I hate everybody and everything. One lives only to make blunders."
    Things are okay. I failed to extend an algorithm for calculated the lowest energy state of a quantum system. I of'en feel like a hamster in a wheel.

How are things with you (besides the commercial campground issues)?
    Please see my previous post .... there was a happiness (finally !). :)

I imagine that there are many things to trip-you-up in your field. Nothing comes easy .... as the old expression goes.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Taking it to the dessert? That's quite the sunshade. What caliber is on sitting atop? 6.5 CM?

I imagine that there are many things to trip-you-up in your field. Nothing comes easy .... as the old expression goes.
    I imagine that it's true of many fields, but it's frustrating when (as in my experince) things take a long time to fix, but the fix is so simple in hindsight.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Taking it to the dessert? That's quite the sunshade. What caliber is on sitting atop? 6.5 CM?

I imagine that it's true of many fields, but it's frustrating when (as in my experince) things take a long time to fix, but the fix is so simple in hindsight.

It's in .308 ! America's (old favorite) caliber. Old, like me !

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I was supposed to get some ammo tomorrow, but yesterday I got a notification that it will arrive today instead. Now I got a notification that instead of today or tomorrow it will be arrive on Monday! Man!!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I was supposed to get some ammo tomorrow, but yesterday I got a notification that it will arrive today instead. Now I got a notification that instead of today or tomorrow it will be arrive on Monday! Man!!
    Shipping is throw-of-the-dice these days ! I don't count on anything until it lands on my porch.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I got a shipping notification from Kramer yesterday for the holster for a Sig P226. It should be here Monday but I will only believe it when I see it on my door step.

It sure seems quiet without the mouse around

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    It sure seems quiet without the mouse around
    I keep playing with the idea asking about polymer 1911s in 9mm and tagging him, but I fear the :bat:

Live Q&A with SAS on YouTube. He approves of the ADM UIC lowers. So I'm feeling a little happy with the choice I have to get started.
    Apparently Centurion will be having new products and clearing out some old products if interested.

Edit: BCM stuff should be here tomorrow. Whoot. :rockwoot:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I keep playing with the idea asking about polymer 1911s in 9mm and tagging him, but I fear the :bat:

Live Q&A with SAS on YouTube. He approves of the ADM UIC lowers. So I'm feeling a little happy with the choice I have to get started.
    Apparently Centurion will be having new products and clearing out some old products if interested.

Edit: BCM stuff should be here tomorrow. Whoot. :rockwoot:
    BCM shipment on a Friday? Heck yeah!!

Good evening all. Caught another chipmunk.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yeah! I'm excited. I have the needed tooling. Should start getting stuff together.

How many until you get a stew together?
    We've probably caught close to 10. I drop them off in the boonies to keep the womenfolk happy. Although, I think we have one that's eluding the traps. It might have to go a different route...

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    How do you like the "silent" JPE springs? Also, Ambi lower? ...
    I was asked about the JP silent captured spring a few days ago and replied that I didn't notice much difference. I don't remember which rifle it's in. However I didn't let that stop me from ordering the one in the photo. :D Not a lot of help am I?

If you have a buffer spring noise problem, a little light grease on the spring usually ends that.

I haven't tried an ambi lower yet. This one looks very nicely made. Every once in a while I wish I had ambi controls so I'll give this one a try. It's been in the safe unused longer than normal for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom