wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Howdy wt.

I've been getting 5-6 hours a night lately. Wish the 8hr sleep nights would return sometime soon.

That's my normal. I was lucky enough last week to get two nights of 8 hours of sleep and one earlier this week. Normally I get 6 or so. No fun and I understand the desire for more. I usually end up taking a nap and I hate taking naps.

Any plans for the time off WT?

No plans. Monica has surgery today and I wanted to be around for her first weekend back home, even with her Mom staying to help as well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's my normal. I was lucky enough last week to get two nights of 8 hours of sleep and one earlier this week. Normally I get 6 or so. No fun and I understand the desire for more. I usually end up taking a nap and I hate taking naps.

No plans. Monica has surgery today and I wanted to be around for her first weekend back home, even with her Mom staying to help as well.
    Maybe we can squeeze in a range trip on Sunday?

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Morning CZers!!!! Had a nice "3 hour" tour on the Barbee yesterday. We had a pontoonful!!! Weather was gorgeous, beer was ICE COLD!!! (as usual...helps working at a place that has an industrial ice machine!!!).

I'm going to miss working 3rd shift!!! :buddies::40oz::cheers: only problem I have is remembering to drink coffee when I get up. The headaches are killer.....

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning folks

I slept pretty well even if for not as long as I wanted. The back is a bit tender today though from removing a couple of large shrubs over the last couple evenings
    My wallet is a bit thin from having some one else do similar a bit back. I used to do all that type of work myself as it's not particularly skilled labor and that's the kind I'm best at, but back and neck somewhat preclude some of that these days, along with the kid having the truck down in GA with him, and me not having much for help for anything like that.

The folks I had do it, hooked up chains and pulled them, while having several younger backs working any of the lifting.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    Yesterday I was able to get some free lumber from a Facebook Marketplace ad. This was exactly what I needed to finish up my shelf, which I did last night! This saved me some money for sure. I now need to put the peg board back up and add more peg boards for more organization.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Morning folks

I slept pretty well even if for not as long as I wanted. The back is a bit tender today though from removing a couple of large shrubs over the last couple evenings

You're supposed to throw a chain around them and yank them out with your truck.:D

Edit: WebSnyper beat me too it. Ha...even the pros yank them out.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My Warne scope rings are finally "out for delivery", so I'll most likely get to mount the scope on the Bergara today. FINALLY ! :banana:
    Also, my 'Silver Bullets' (5.56 SOST barrier defeating) are out for delivery. I'm looking forward to both deliveries !

In sad news, they granted a "variance" to allow the property adjoining my cabin property to be re-zoned as "commercial".
    I had tried to buy that property (10 acres) for the last 5 years ! When it went for sale, I wasn't at the cabin, and evidently the new buyer jumped on it before I even knew it had gone up for sale.

My wife and I (and the entire 'neighborhood) attended the Zoning Board meeting, and fought (unsuccessfully) the re-zoning to 'commercial'. The new owner wants to put a 36-slot campground, and restaurant on the property. I'm not going to build a new home next to that .... so right now, we're in limbo.
    We've talked to my wife's attorney, and have 30-days to appeal the decision of the Zoning Board. But it'll be tough, if not impossible, as Owen County is desperate for any new businesses to increase their tax base.

I feel like I just lost a decade of my life, and had my plans for the future trampled. Looking for a new property at this stage, and age is hard. Real estate is astronomically high, and often sells within hours.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Sorry to hear this MM. Finding suitable property is difficult. I've looked on and off around here and have been unsuccessful.

I've wanted to buy the lot next to mine for a decade but the real estate brokers have been unable to contact the owner. Like you, I have the fear it will be bought before I know it is on the market.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    We've been looking at properties, too, more "out in the country". Unfortunately, my job drags me to downtown Indy every day, so can't look as far out as we'd like. Developments are starting to rear their ugly heads around where we live now, and it will probably look like part of "Avon" in the next few years.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Yeah, I hate to hear that, MM. My wife and I have been talking about maybe eventually finding a decent size property to have a get away cabin on, and maybe a small gun range.

I just spent the past week in Wisconsin with family, and most of my cousins have cabins north of where they live to get away on weekends. I really liked the idea.

I think it would annoy me as well to have the property next door turned into a camp ground. I am not sure how close to your property the camping sites would be, so that might effect things as well.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My Warne scope rings are finally "out for delivery", so I'll most likely get to mount the scope on the Bergara today. FINALLY ! :banana:
    Also, my 'Silver Bullets' (5.56 SOST barrier defeating) are out for delivery. I'm looking forward to both deliveries !

In sad news, they granted a "variance" to allow the property adjoining my cabin property to be re-zoned as "commercial".
    I had tried to buy that property (10 acres) for the last 5 years ! When it went for sale, I wasn't at the cabin, and evidently the new buyer jumped on it before I even knew it had gone up for sale.

My wife and I (and the entire 'neighborhood) attended the Zoning Board meeting, and fought (unsuccessfully) the re-zoning to 'commercial'. The new owner wants to put a 36-slot campground, and restaurant on the property. I'm not going to build a new home next to that .... so right now, we're in limbo.
    We've talked to my wife's attorney, and have 30-days to appeal the decision of the Zoning Board. But it'll be tough, if not impossible, as Owen County is desperate for any new businesses to increase their tax base.

I feel like I just lost a decade of my life, and had my plans for the future trampled. Looking for a new property at this stage, and age is hard. Real estate is astronomically high, and often sells within hours.
    Perhaps they would be interested in buying your land as well. I agree that I wouldn't want to live that close. I'm really sorry, MM.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom