Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I agree with WT, identifying and acknowledging the problem is huge! You love him and want to help him - this kid has so much going for him! Trying to find out what someone likes, especially a kid, isn't very easy because they may not know. I would suggest taking him everywhere and doing everything with him. As you do things with him tell him how you feel about things, what you like and didn't like, and if something brings back memories of something tell about that story. When you start finding little sparks of interests then it will help fine-tuning a passion for something.
    He's 20 and renting a house from us that's 2 hours from the hacienda. Wish it was that easy.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Oh, I've texted with them in the past, and usually get an extended month of Prime for free ! .....but over the last decade, it's been rare to get a free item.
    Yep, only reason I even have Prime is that we get it for 1/2 price since my daughter is a student. I just don't use Amazon enough for it to be worthwhile otherwise.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Got the culvert in. Thank the Lord for Kubota and a buddy with a backhoe. Waiting on a load of creek gravel to finish the contour.
    New chipmunk trap is a success. Stopped by the shop on the way to it's new home. Shop cat (Izzy) does not approve of it. View attachment 149128
    Made a fine shot on one of the little hosta destroyers about an hour ago. Back of the head at 10 paces.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Got the culvert in. Thank the Lord for Kubota and a buddy with a backhoe. Waiting on a load of creek gravel to finish the contour.

Made a fine shot on one of the little hosta destroyers about an hour ago. Back of the head at 10 paces.

The pup snagged a HUGE mole yesterday. Man I hope she's done digging for awhile.

How you hanging 0830? Road treating you good these days?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The pup snagged a HUGE mole yesterday. Man I hope she's done digging for awhile.

How you hanging 0830? Road treating you good these days?
    I'm fine but gonna go to work In the AM to recuperate. Fixed a lawn mower and a security light at the rental yesterday then mowed the lawn there. After I went up to Trafalgar for the 40' of 15" culvert and the end skirts. Then today we installed the culvert starting at 0900. Took until after 1300 for me to chase enough fill to make it look buried. Ate lunch then mowed around here and weeded the garden. Barb is asleep in her chair and I'm draggin ass. 20210721_201626.jpg

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I'm fine but gonna go to work In the AM to recuperate. Fixed a lawn mower and a security light at the rental yesterday then mowed the lawn there. After I went up to Trafalgar for the 40' of 15" culvert and the end skirts. Then today we installed the culvert starting at 0900. Took until after 0100 for me to chase enough fill to make it look buried. Ate lunch then mowed around here and weeded the garden. Barb is asleep in her chair and I'm draggin ass.
    Sounds like a load and a half. Two fingers worth of Kentucky bourbon is the remedy for what ails ya.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Ol' deadeye..... that be you !

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    On my first cup of coffee. Short night means long day. Didn't sleep for **** anyway, but woke up way earlier than I needed to. Got a FTF with an INGO member at 0800, so of course by about 0445, my brain started saying "Don't oversleep. Don't oversleep."

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks

I slept pretty well even if for not as long as I wanted. The back is a bit tender today though from removing a couple of large shrubs over the last couple evenings

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom