Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Not gun related at all, but I've already noticed improvements in the Chevy on the way to work. Throttle response WAY better, no "downshift" when dropping cylinders (cuz it don't), and idle seems smoother. I'll closely evaluate mpg on this oil cycle as well as consumption. Pleased on day 1.
    e78ae4bfba34b90b5bf61ef18e3ed078.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For the Colt 1878? I like the way you get right to it and don't waste time on a project.

Yes. The Colt 1878 is a BP era gun, rarely chambered in 32-20, and there's a lot of meat in the cylinders for that cartridge. For BP I generally use heavier bullets and soft lead as the nature of BP burning helps seal a bore and gets the bullet to engage what is usually marginal rifeling.

I shoot everything I own, regardless of how old it is. The only gun I have that scares me to shoot is the MG-42 and that's because of the value and the possibility with an original gun of an out of battery discharge.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Question for you guys. I bought a SAR9 a few months ago because I wanted a full-size 9mm that was cheap but reliable. I later discovered two things: 1) it was impossible to get mags for it and 2) I really wanted a CZ. I put the gun in the classifieds at a good price ($375 when the average price is $399 + tax + shipping + FFL fee), but it has not moved.

I have been on a waiting list for at least a month for mags, and I am finally able to get two mags at $36 each. Do you think I should make the investment because it might help sell the gun, or should I not throw good money after bad?

Attachments

• sar92.jpg
      sar92.jpg
      746.1 KB · Views: 9

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Question for you guys. I bought a SAR9 a few months ago because I wanted a full-size 9mm that was cheap but reliable. I later discovered two things: 1) it was impossible to get mags for it and 2) I really wanted a CZ. I put the gun in the classifieds at a good price ($375 when the average price is $399 + tax + shipping + FFL fee), but it has not moved.

I have been on a waiting list for at least a month for mags, and I am finally able to get two mags at $36 each. Do you think I should make the investment because it might help sell the gun, or should I not throw good money after bad?
    In my mind it is, will your recoup the money on the mags? This is the main concern with buying the magazines.

If the gun isn't moving at $25 off the average price, will adding $72+ to it make it move.

If the average price it is sold for new is $399 +tax locally, then dropping the price to $350 for used may make it more tempting. However will people buy it with 4 mags at $425?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I wouldn't buy more mags if you are not going to keep the gun. I buy lots of mags for my guns and stack them deep, but a lot of folks looking for an inexpensive/low cost of entry gun aren't looking to pay more for more mags with a gun IMO.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You guys are probably right. I was just wondering if having two more mags would be more appealing when they are nearly impossible to find. But I do not want to spend more if it is not going to get me more, so there's that.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    So my 9 stop watermelon run comes to an untimely end in Anderson where I ran out of hours. Been to every Walmart from Anderson around the west side of Indy down to Franklin today delivering watermelons for the holiday and back as far as Anderson.
    It's been a day. Hope everyone's Friday was swell. It was a fine Tuesday for me.

Good luck peddling that SAR, Snap. If I had a spare tree-fiddy I'd make you an offer.
    And what on God's Green earth is this emoji? Well shoot, it has disappeared.
    :laugh6:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom