Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Very very nice. What is the story behind them? CMP stuff?
    Wish I could have got them from the CMP probably would have saved me some $. The upper one is a USMC property stamped 40x standard barrel I picked up from a older veteran from South Carolina, great guy just said he was getting to old to shoot anymore. Which I could see, he was in his early 90s and had a hard time getting around. He did have some old pics and targets and he was a crack shot in his day for sure. It has a PTG bolt and vintage Jewel trigger now and it's a tack diver for sure. Wish I would've got it to the line this weekend but was it is what it is. The lower one is a US stamped 40XB heavy barrel I picked up from a veteran in Hawaii. It's a tack driver also. Got this one and another 40x he had too, from the CMP, at the same time. He was getting out of shooting too and wanted them to go to a good home. I felt pretty lucky to get both with one shot, no pun intended. Picked up one of the Unertls off RimfireCental and picked up the other from a guy in Wisconsin. Really enjoy them just going to focus on the USMC one and downsize some a put the other two on the block. If nobody on INGO is interested in a week I'm going to throw them on GB.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not trying to **** anyone off, but my statement still stands, gas ring alignment alone will not stop a semi auto AR-15 from cycling properly. Quality of parts, full auto machine guns and wars in Iraq not included.

You guys have fun chasing your tails on this one. I offered my unsolicited advice and will exit stage right now...
    Your mileage may vary.....:):

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    You think the DB would be too much scope for a 200 yard AR?
    I have optics ranging from red dots/holographic, 1x4 Steiner to 5x25 Viper PST on my AR's.

Red dots work well for faster shooting on reasonable sized steel easily out to 200 (as do iron sights). The 1x4 with an illuminated center dot works like a red dot with the ability to use the 4x for a little more reach and precision.

The 4x16's and 5x25's make precision work easier and you will want the low end in the 4-5 area for offhand shooting. I love the FFP scopes but I will warn you that at the lower powers the crosshairs are VERY fine.

I have Vortex DB Tacticals in 4x16 and 6x24. The 4x16 is on my KIDD .22LR and is great for 25 to 200 yards.

It all comes down to what you're using it for. If 3 Gun matches is your thing, the 4x16 is not the right scope while it is a scope I'm happy to use at HHRP with it's current 200 yard limit and will get you to 400 easy enough.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Time for a break, been treasure hunting. Want to throw this out there too. I have a Remington 40x 22lr US stamped traditional tapered barrel 722 action I'm going to throw in the classys also. It has CMP paperwork, original box, and a CMP case to boot. Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone was interested. Everything will be in the classys tomorrow, wanted to give you guys first shot today before I do it.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Fedex showed up. 9583D812-ED38-422C-8E48-BC8C89CFC5D5.jpeg Unfortunately i cant get the trigger apart to send the shoe to cerakote. Well i mean, i could but getting it apart and back together without damaging would be an act of God. The holes were definitely smaller than the pins, you can see built up aluminum on the one side of the hole from the pins being forced in. Anyway, im sort of not very impressed, the “enhanced” trigger on my TP9 Elite is all around better but this is probably the best ive felt on a G***k.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Fedex showed up. View attachment 138459 Unfortunately i cant get the trigger apart to send the shoe to cerakote. Well i mean, i could but getting it apart and back together without damaging would be an act of God. The holes were definitely smaller than the pins, you can see built up aluminum on the one side of the hole from the pins being forced in. Anyway, im sort of not very impressed, the “enhanced” trigger on my TP9 Elite is all around better but this is probably the best ive felt on a G***k.
    Wait, WHAT? I think mouse just liked a G****!?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom