Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    MM and I had a good day. Shot in the rain as after the first cloudburst I ran to the basement and got a canopy. Great afternoon. His AR10 Saint pistol is the berries. I was ringing the silhouettes at 200 with it, no problems.
    Yuppers ...... we punished that steel ! As always, Patience and his bride are first-class hosts. I had a ball ! :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Long frakkin day. My moms equinox died on her today so i had to dip out of work early, rent a u haul trailer, then drive to Akron to take my pontiac to her and bring the equinox back. Oil was down to maybe 1 quart if that (took 4 to get it in the dipstick) and it cranks like it has no compression. Im sure it jumped time since the timing chain tensioner is oil pressure driven (WTH GM?!?). It only had 2300 miles on the oil change, manual calls for 7,000 mile intervals, its always burned about 1.5 quart between 3k changes so no clue why it burned up all its oil. Bone dry underneath so it wasnt leaking. Ill tear into it this weekend i guess, probably going to see if LKQ has a motor for it then sell it. Friggin DONE with that POS.

How was yalls day? Lol
    Ugh. Thats sucks. Sounds like MIL's (rest in piece) Saturn. I found trans fluid in the radiator and radiator stuff in the trans.......:(

Internal cooler failed in the radiator. Swapped out for a new one. Triple flush on the trans. It was actually working pretty well after that and the triple filter changes. Told her we need to trad it in. She said she would.
    About a month later she stopped by (she lived 30 minutes from us) and was still driving the Saturn. I kind of flipped out about it but she insisted it was OK and she really liked the car.
    I pulled the trans stick and it showed some ick on it that probably washed out of some nooks and cranny's. I showed her. She nodded.

2 weeks later my son (worked for Zores recovery) had o go get the car as it stopped moving. Again. She was visibly upset and asked if I could do what I did before and she would trade it in.
    Nope. No saving it that time.
    Ever swap out an auto in a Saturn. Son found one in the yard at Zores.
    Yup, she traded it in.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I started to pull kitchen cabinets today. Once the stove, dishwasher and sink are gone, it will be rough. Hopefully not for too long though.
    Had that done last April. Both kids were home from college due to Covid, wife's business went bonkers due to Covid demand, all of us in the basement trying to work and school, using a hot plate, electric skillet, and my daughters dorm room microwave and a basement fridge while the kitchen was completely gutted and all the flooring in the kitchen main living area was ripped up. Some good PTSD family bonding time right there.

We had it planned for March last year but put it off a month due to Covid but decided I wasn't going to leave half my money (down payment) float not knowing what businesses would make it or not, so went ahead. Worked out but crazy times.

Got any pics of what new cabinets will look like?

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Long frakkin day. My moms equinox died on her today so i had to dip out of work early, rent a u haul trailer, then drive to Akron to take my pontiac to her and bring the equinox back. Oil was down to maybe 1 quart if that (took 4 to get it in the dipstick) and it cranks like it has no compression. Im sure it jumped time since the timing chain tensioner is oil pressure driven (WTH GM?!?). It only had 2300 miles on the oil change, manual calls for 7,000 mile intervals, its always burned about 1.5 quart between 3k changes so no clue why it burned up all its oil. Bone dry underneath so it wasnt leaking. Ill tear into it this weekend i guess, probably going to see if LKQ has a motor for it then sell it. Friggin DONE with that POS.

How was yalls day? Lol

Ok, that’s a crappy day

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Had that done last April. Both kids were home from college due to Covid, wife's business went bonkers due to Covid demand, all of us in the basement trying to work and school, using a hot plate, electric skillet, and my daughters dorm room microwave and a basement fridge while the kitchen was completely gutted and all the flooring in the kitchen main living area was ripped up. Some good PTSD family bonding time right there.

We had it planned for March last year but put it off a month due to Covid but decided I wasn't going to leave half my money (down payment) float not knowing what businesses would make it or not, so went ahead. Worked out but crazy times.

Got any pics of what new cabinets will look like?

The wife has all of those at the moment. New cabinets should be here by mid-May and there’s a thousand pounds of unfinished hickory in the living room. Lots to do in the next 6 weeks

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I do have a pic of the pantry I built for her.
    300d8b520be2070304a1610a6b3dabb2.jpg

One the cabinets are out, I need to remove a non-load bearing wall too

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I do have a pic of the pantry I built for her.
    300d8b520be2070304a1610a6b3dabb2.jpg

One the cabinets are out, I need to remove a non-load bearing wall too
    Nice. I admire folks with skills. Mine are elsewhere, so I get to pay the guys who have them.

My wife now wants the shelving that is in our pantry taken out for new custom stuff. That's got to wait though as landscaping project comes next month for us. Project code name = thin wallet

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have kitchen cabinets to paint, not really looking forward to that project and that time is coming soon, very soon.

Back to Ebay, made an offer to a seller I played in the sandbox with before on this damn Slik tripod. This is the guy who didn't reply to any requests for pictures or answered any of my questions previously. But he is the 1/3 of the price of new. So, I'm giving the dice a roll. My luck has got to change at some point, right?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I’d been pondering picking up a summer gun to replace my G27 and yesterday, realized that I already have the perfect summer gun in my P07. What more could I want, right? It’s a tad thicker than a Shield Plus but no more so than the G27. Plus, it’s BA special from when he was experimenting with how far he and The Wizard could take the platform.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Be careful...your luck could change for the worse...like you don't have a tripod OR your money.
    Between Ebay, PayPal and my Credit Card company, one of those companies will take care of me if the seller doesn't deliver what he says he is selling.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got this for Cindy but like me she does not like the striker trigger even this after market one.
    So we may put it up in the classies later today.
    It is full of extras. IMG_4461.jpg

Last edited:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Ugh. Thats sucks. Sounds like MIL's (rest in piece) Saturn. I found trans fluid in the radiator and radiator stuff in the trans.......:(

Internal cooler failed in the radiator. Swapped out for a new one. Triple flush on the trans. It was actually working pretty well after that and the triple filter changes. Told her we need to trad it in. She said she would.
    About a month later she stopped by (she lived 30 minutes from us) and was still driving the Saturn. I kind of flipped out about it but she insisted it was OK and she really liked the car.
    I pulled the trans stick and it showed some ick on it that probably washed out of some nooks and cranny's. I showed her. She nodded.

2 weeks later my son (worked for Zores recovery) had o go get the car as it stopped moving. Again. She was visibly upset and asked if I could do what I did before and she would trade it in.
    Nope. No saving it that time.
    Ever swap out an auto in a Saturn. Son found one in the yard at Zores.
    Yup, she traded it in.
    I have not, but i did drop the whole front sub frame out of her equinox to do the timing job the first time. Well it was more like i lifted the body off the sub frame. That wasnt fun at all but dropping that out i could swap the engine or trans very easily lol. Cant be much worse than that. That whole trans cooler inside the radiator is just another made to fail catastrophically part by good ole Gm.

I did learn something yesterday though, i was a little worried about towing heavyish with my truck on 35s but once i hit the interstate my trans temps never got past 170 degrees cruising 80mph with 5500lbs ish behind it so thats cool. Im not sure what exactly a uhaul car hailer weighs but theyre pretty light. In town Akron i saw it get up to almost 200 though. Also it needs 4.56 gears and a looser converter bad, its a dog off the line with the 3.73s towing. The LS9 cam feels like i lost torque vs the factory afm setup under 2000rpm and the stock converter only stalls up 15-1600ish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom