Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've heard a few references to that book. I may have to check it out. Without reading it, seems like I've embraced some of the principles. There are only so many things I can actually care about in a big way. I take care of a lot of detail stuff, but there are few "big rocks" that I really care about.
    The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life: Manson, Mark: 9780062457714: Amazon.com: Books

He has a sequel that you can get in a combo, possibly cheaper in paperback. I haven't read the sequel book yet.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well, poop. I was wrong and my used Ebay tripod wasn't coming today, it was a little 8' swimming pool I ordered instead. The Ebay seller hasn't even shipped yet.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Indeed. I don't make their beds, put their dirties (laundry) in the wash, or clean up their dinner plates. They are responsible for their own makings. They are young, but I want them to be self-reliant. Even the 3y/o has, albeit very light, chores.

On an opposite note, I make them do most things together as a sisterly unit. Make beds; all done but 1? Help her. All done or none done.

Having a laugh asI type. #3 wants to play poker?
    0ecfb62ded5e1b38ba2fba620c444fce.jpg
    It would appear your shes whoopin ya lol.
    ———————————

Told the bossman today my main minion needs a raise and i need my other one back from the mold dpt for the weekend. Ill have 76 hours in when i clock out Sunday and my main guy isnt far behind. He has been absolutely busting it and hasnt missed a beat. Also its getting worse next week when Bossman drops 2 new molds on me that need done ASAP. I need like 1 more big fancy lathe, 2 more machinig centers, and 2 more guys like my main minion, then MAYBE ill get a weekend off with buisness like it is.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    ———————————

Told the bossman today my main minion needs a raise and i need my other one back from the mold dpt for the weekend. Ill have 76 hours in when i clock out Sunday and my main guy isnt far behind. He has been absolutely busting it and hasnt missed a beat. Also its getting worse next week when Bossman drops 2 new molds on me that need done ASAP. I need like 1 more big fancy lathe, 2 more machinig centers, and 2 more guys like my main minion, then MAYBE ill get a weekend off with buisness like it is.
    With Czech(?) subtitles, because we're here.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    ———————————

Plastic injection molds?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Installed the Franklin Binary in the Saint yesterday. Took a bit as 1 of the spacers had rolled away into a secret place un-beknown to me that it was even a thing. The instructions suck butt.
    When I became aware the piece was missing I went on a mission. Even made a drawing to copy the other one.

Terrorist "TT" came in the shop and asked what was wrong (they always know) and I told her.
    2 minutes later she handed me the errant spacer.

God loves a terrorist. And so do I.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't read much, but a book I've read a few times, called " The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F" is probably one of the best things I've read to help me deal with stuff as an adult. The main idea isn't necessarily don't care about anything, it's care about what really matters, embrace the suck in life and be happy with yourself.

I find myself asking myself constantly "should I really care about this?".

I’ve read that book several times.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The older I get the less I care about things I can have no input on or control. The gardener gets angry about the weather at times, but what can you do about it?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I didn’t care much for the sequel until I finished it. As a whole, it makes sense but it’s not great through most of it. If I rated the original as an 8, I’d give the sequel a 3
    Good to know. I've read the first one twice and an currently into the third time. I like it re-read from time to time as a refresher.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Plastic injection molds?
    Yep. Saves a bunch of machine time in the end its just a horrible time to drop 2 new molds. The easy one is maybe an hour of programming, another hour of setup, and run the A and B plates overnight. The PITA one will probably be 5-6 hours of programming, and god knows what else since its a core slide mold.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Hey CM, is it normal to put a pop can under the piston? Watch the slow mo's at the end and tell me what I'm seeing. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom