• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hope that you get over your sickness, Deacon !

Love the bikes, Rusty.....I could wheelie one all the way down our street !

Sorry about your auto troubles, Spicy. I always seemed to break something when I worked on cars....so I stopped !

Top of the morning, Mr. Wizard !
    Don’t threaten me with a good time! I’ll bring one to the SGE and you can show us!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    My cousin got a Stingray with a 3 speed floor shifter. I was jelly. However my 24" 5 speed "road bike" would ride circles around it.

I bought a regular coaster brake single speed girls bike that a neighbor had put ape hangers, a banana seat and a wide rear slick on it. Loved that bike. Without touching the brake, I could throw it sideways and skid both tires to a stop on asphalt. Never could hold a wheelie and still can't. Can't do front wheelies on my mountain bikes either which would be very helpful on tight downhill switchbacks.

I can ride over 14" logs though.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    And why I could give 2 ****s about a warranty.
    I get it. Really I do. I was extremely nervous about taking the car to the dealer to begin with. If they wouldn't have covered the repair, I would have reluctantly did the work myself.

I lost interest in fixing my older cars constantly and decided years ago to get newer cars with lower miles and warranty if it was affordable. I don't want to do large repairs on cars anymore and haven't for a long long time. I don't have the capability to diagnose complex electrical or computer issues anymore. I have plenty of aches and pains from playing contortionist for years and they all come back when I start working on things again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get it. Really I do. I was extremely nervous about taking the car to the dealer to begin with. If they wouldn't have covered the repair, I would have reluctantly did the work myself.

I lost interest in fixing my older cars constantly and decided years ago to get newer cars with lower miles and warranty if it was affordable. I don't want to do large repairs on cars anymore and haven't for a long long time. I don't have the capability to diagnose complex electrical or computer issues anymore. I have plenty of aches and pains from playing contortionist for years and they all come back when I start working on things again.
    Understood.
    I have never had a pleasant experience dealing with a Warr. There is always something askew in the process.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Understood.
    I have never had a pleasant experience dealing with a Warr. There is always something askew in the process.
    As a follow up. Car is at the dealer now. They were very polite and apologetic. I have a 2021 Outback as a loaner. I asked that they refund my diagnostic charge that I previously paid and they obliged without any objection. The Service Manager seemed genuine in that he cared about the issue. I hope the technician who did the repair will get spoken to about the issues and held accountable for his mistakes.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

I've always enjoyed working on things that I could encompass with my outstretched arms. .... not things that fill-up a garage.
    Cameras, firearms (simple tasks, like grip-exchanges and optic installations), even the warheads of smaller nuclear missiles .... all good.
    Although I was certified to work on the warheads of a Minuteman missile (Air Force, obviously)..... they were just too dang big. I always felt that they were in control, and not me ! The Minuteman used a MIRV warhead (multiple independently-targeted reentry vehicles) .... cool technology, but big, and complex.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I don't like having to use the links in my sig line but here we are. Feel free to use them, goes right to their contact page. We can only hope it does some good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom