• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    welp, yesterday I was in the bed for over 24 hours.

Weird stomach bug that came on after I over did a bag of salad (*riced cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, etc*) Ate that down around 5pm on Friday, then got up and had some pbutter & banana sandwiches for breakfast....from there on thru the day I was D O W N. Acid in my throat - no vomit - but DAY-YUMM felt like crap.

Slept thru the night. up today and feeling just about 80%

Anyway - I did sight in my new CZ ProVarmint 22lr and grouped some nice groups -- what a great rifle. 16.5" barrel is all ya need on this bolt gun. Used Super Aguila 40 grain...verrrrry accurate.

I am a happy, wanting to go squirrel hunting, bad@$$.

Bring on the season of 22lr banging.!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Some of the best fishing I have ever had has been in the rain. I can remember a couple of times catching hundreds (over 300 one time) of large mouths in a slow steady rain.
    Agreed, rain has usually done me right. Usually on the front end of a storm though, rather than on the tail end after rain has flooded everything and made the water murky. But definitely love fishing rain. Now, rain and cold together, not so much and as stated, not flooded completely out either.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Agreed, rain has usually done me right. Usually on the front end of a storm though, rather than on the tail end after rain has flooded everything and made the water murky. But definitely love fishing rain. Now, rain and cold together, not so much and as stated, not flooded completely out either.

I don't mind getting some fish for dinner in the rain. As long as you walk fast from the car to the front door of the fish market, you barely get wet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I have a BiPod and an optic for it is forthcoming in the near future from my buddy bcannon.
    Now the search for ammo.

Nice. Which optic did you go with? [Insert politics joke about optics.] Sorry to everyone if this has already been covered.

I did see that T-D made some budget rimfire suggestions a few pages back. I was looking at the Hawke and Vortex options pretty hard, but figured for my small game purposes, I may as well go with the Leupold for my Ruger Am. I'm certainly not the marksman TD is, rim or centfire. Heck, half the time I wonder how you folks get time even midweek to shoot.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Downpour here. It is obvious I did not get to the gutters yesterday.
    I have grown to hate our Maple trees in the spring.
    Funny but I've done the same. Those damned maples are a constant chore. It's one damned thing after another filling gutters and messing up cars. As soon as we finish the kitchen project I'm going to have the one near the driveway removed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom