patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Afternoon gang!
    Just got home from a 457 session at MCF&G. Need to channel,my inner spicy and analyze the targets. Groups look pretty good but still disappointed with my performance on the ARA targets.
    Perfect practice makes perfect. .22 perfection is tough. Once you've mastered trigger pull and hold, then decoded the amulet that is ammo lot #, the wind is never your friend. Learning to enjoy the journey without frustration is the trick.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Been waiting for this range report.....
    If true, we need to get up there and get you a GPT intervention!

Confusing. I think I am getting better but…

Headed out early and was set up and ready to shoot by 0830, no wind to speak of, comfortable 68 F. The comparison target was shot from bottom up, 5 shot groups at 50 yds.

As would be expected, Eley Match had the smallest average groups but everything else was pretty bunched up averaging just a little over half inch. Norma Match 22 shot better than it ever has in this rifle and was a from a brick I picked up for $40.

1686081375759.jpeg

However, when I started shooting for score I was surprised by the results! The wind did start picking up during by last card (Eley Match which I should of scored best with) but nothing severe and I just waited it out on most shots but could not get a handle on where my shots were going — frustrating. Need to decide which ammo to shoot come Sunday for a club tournament.

1686081654598.jpeg
    1686081818788.jpeg
    All said, I did have a good time shooting on a big range all by myself for 3+ hours except at the very end a guy was on the other end of the range with a pistol. A beautiful day to be out and I had a little observer at the end.
    1686081922105.jpeg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Supposed to get some rain shortly. Hopefully a good thing, my allergies are on the fritz the last few days since I've been outside. Better today since I'm back inside working. I think I might be allergic to the neighbor's Chinese Elm tree next door. Not sure though.
    Its Canadian forest fires!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Supposed to get some rain shortly. Hopefully a good thing, my allergies are on the fritz the last few days since I've been outside. Better today since I'm back inside working. I think I might be allergic to the neighbor's Chinese Elm tree next door. Not sure though.
    I'm not holding my breath in Southeastern Indiana.

My lawn is turning brown.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've had a constant stream of drinkers .... water is scarce for them !

3H4A1703%20copy-XL.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Replace windshield in wive's car - make an offer on a SW 657.

The struggle is real.
    I saw that 657 it was a decent deal, sometimes that happens on INGO lol, I thought there would be more interest in my BRN-180 but nothing, put it on GB and it's already bid well above what I was asking here so you never know.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Mcapo’s late night gun stuff continues.

Pulled a Razor 4.5-27 off the Vudoo (gmctr’s fault) and replaced it with a Golden Eagle Vortex scope (Karen’s fault) and some new Area 419 MATCH (ok…my fault) rings.

Like everything from 419 VERY impressed with the quality. These rings are awesome but not sure I can really justify the premium. Probably would have bought a set of Spuhr Hunter rings but out of stock everywhere.

The manufacturing process is an interesting approach.

I think it has some merit though still a bit of a sales pitch. The ring are spot on concentric. I mean SPOT ON! I suspect the ring are far more concentric than the scope body though I don't have an ideal way to measure concentricity of something as large as a scope. What do you guys think? Hype or Not?

I think I’m going to like this set up…

650a24e4bee6fb49614134a3c78cd9c5.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I saw that 657 it was a decent deal, sometimes that happens on INGO lol, I thought there would be more interest in my BRN-180 but nothing, put it on GB and it's already bid well above what I was asking here so you never know.

If the 657 doesn’t sell soon….

Gunbroker is the market. No question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom