• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Howdy folks. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Ours was stellar.

Some pics for your enjoyment!

IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2657.jpeg

IMG_2644.jpeg

IMG_2637.jpeg

IMG_2633.jpeg

Eldest is out of kindergarten! And she’s recently started riding her own two wheeler without training wheels! Still using the tag a long for long rides. Youngest is growing sooooo fast! Walked down to the local Memorial Day parade. Tried so canoeing, that didn’t go as planned….

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Howdy folks. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Ours was stellar.

Some pics for your enjoyment!

View attachment 278886

View attachment 278887

View attachment 278888

View attachment 278889

View attachment 278890

Eldest is out of kindergarten! And she’s recently started riding her own two wheeler without training wheels! Still using the tag a long for long rides. Youngest is growing sooooo fast! Walked down to the local Memorial Day parade. Tried so canoeing, that didn’t go as planned….
    Canoe can be a little scary for the short ones. Tippy things.. one adult and a 5 yr old in a canoe can be a recipe for getting soggy and muddy.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    How about this for a project since some of you love seeing what I do!

I built my wife a new bike. “New” meaning it was originally built in 1934…. She wanted one to more match my 1924… I swapped a lot of parts from her other bike, so it’s got modern running gear. But she wanted a tool box tank to put her glasses and stuff in while we ride… yes dear…

Only one I could find had a hole big enough to throw a cat through…

IMG_2547.jpeg

IMG_2615.jpeg
    IMG_2617.jpeg

70684117957__63216C40-C00D-4230-A7A2-A3DD98D4072C.jpeg

70684119226__0463B330-6F48-4850-A11F-069A19894AE0.jpeg

IMG_2629.jpeg

IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2635.jpeg

I wanted to save as much of the original as I could! I’m gearing up to actually start reproducing these tanks because they are getting so hard to find…

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Canoe can be a little scary for the short ones. Tippy things.. one adult and a 5 yr old in a canoe can be a recipe for getting soggy and muddy.
    We managed to stay afloat, but after the drive up there, getting everything and everyone in the boat. Getting in the water, we went about 10ft before I had to grab the youngest and mama had to get us turned around and back to land. Lol! Little turd decided she was getting out, lifted a leg and started to climb over! Haha.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all
    Kept hitting the snooze this morning.

Alarm at 0630. Arose at 0830.

Never been a snooze guy and don't understand the appeal. Everything I've ever read or watched about sleep states to never use snooze. All my life that I've used alarms, I've always got out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off. It's always worked well for me. When I was married to my second wife, she would hit snooze and it drove me nuts. Her son is the same. Get up when the alarm goes off and you'll feel better. Based on some information I've read, when I get up now I do some light exercises and stretches to get the blood flowing, then drink water. I feel more prepared for the day after doing so.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Never been a snooze guy and don't understand the appeal. Everything I've ever read or watched about sleep states to never use snooze. All my life that I've used alarms, I've always got out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off. It's always worked well for me. When I was married to my second wife, she would hit snooze and it drove me nuts. Her son is the same. Get up when the alarm goes off and you'll feel better. Based on some information I've read, when I get up now I do some light exercises and stretches to get the blood flowing, then drink water. I feel more prepared for the day after doing so.
    Agreed, I'm either getting up with alarm or not, but if I don't have to get up at a particular time then the alarm isn't set.

Kind of nice using my echo device, I have it set to alarm on weekdays at a particular time and not on weekends. It will even remind me the day before if next day is a holiday and ask if I want to cancel it.

No snooze for me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Agreed, I'm either getting up with alarm or not, but if I don't have to get up at a particular time then the alarm isn't set.

Kind of nice using my echo device, I have it set to alarm on weekdays at a particular time and not on weekends. It will even remind me the day before if next day is a holiday and ask if I want to cancel it.

No snooze for me.

I'm lucky at this point as I don't even use an alarm, except on Saturday to get up for breakfast with the guys. Workdays I get up whenever I feel like it since I have a flexible schedule. I can start work any time I want and generally don't have any meetings before 9am. Even when I do have an alarm, on Saturday, I'm up as soon as it goes off. Normal days when I wake up, I stay in bed until I feel like getting up. I'm not one of those people that can go back to sleep when I've already slept a full night, so I don't worry about that.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm lucky at this point as I don't even use an alarm, except on Saturday to get up for breakfast with the guys. Workdays I get up whenever I feel like it since I have a flexible schedule. I can start work any time I want and generally don't have any meetings before 9am. Even when I do have an alarm, on Saturday, I'm up as soon as it goes off. Normal days when I wake up, I stay in bed until I feel like getting up. I'm not one of those people that can go back to sleep when I've already slept a full night, so I don't worry about that.
    I'd probably do that as well, but I have calls that start at varying times on weekdays, etc. That said, it's typically a walk to the basement to go to work vs having to go anywhere these days (except for something out of the ordinary).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'd probably do that as well, but I have calls that start at varying times on weekdays, etc. That said, it's typically a walk to the basement to go to work vs having to go anywhere these days (except for something out of the ordinary).

Yeah, it's very rare that I have to use an alarm during the week (thank God)... ;)

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Wow RH and RR! You guys are killing it on the family outings!

We’re chillin’ in Iowa and took our kids to the truck museum. Best pic I could get…

1685474740600.png

Unfortunately the Rock Island Armory Museum is closed for renovations. This was the back up. They were thrilled…

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    15 miles and no falls today.

Very nice work.

Are you going to speed up the patina (rust) on the new parts?
    We are still trying to decide what we want to do with it. Her whole bike is pieced together, so none of the parts match. And it’s actually all been repainted before. So we have talked about doing a “faux-tina” job on it. For now, I’ll leave it. But it will probably get painted and weathered. Up to her!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom