• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    I only run 124 gr in my CZs. That said would check the ejector spring as well as the recoil spring and make sure all is clean around the ejector and the chamber is really clean and no oil in the chamber which may keep the casing from ejecting properly. Limp wristing may also cause stove piping.
    I'll take that into consideration. Thanks for the advice.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Another positive CZ “first look” review by Honest Outlaw. CZ P10s.

A possible contender for my wife’s carry. But she’s still a long way off from feeling comfortable shooting a small 9mm, let alone picking out what she wants. So I keep a short list of things to introduce her to when she’s ready.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I had a dream last night that I found an AR10 in my safe that I had forgotten about. It was a DPMS with a thermal optic. I find myself needing to go take a look just in case there really is an AR10 out there that I don't remember. Fingers crossed, but I think I'd remember the thermal optic :)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I had a dream last night that I found an AR10 in my safe that I had forgotten about. It was a DPMS with a thermal optic. I find myself needing to go take a look just in case there really is an AR10 out there that I don't remember. Fingers crossed, but I think I'd remember the thermal optic :)

That dream should have included a visit to KJQ for some bacon hunting.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Humidity is up, so it'll be hot and a bit miserable. Plants should be happier though.
    I do like fall and winter best and I like it around 60 degrees. However, I don't mind working down to 20 even with light windchill. After that it starts to get to me some.
    Last deer season was the first year my feet got cold hunting my blind. I normally just wear wool socks, and uninsulated Danner hunting boots. I am now thinking about getting insulated boots for next season, and beyond.
    My father said I'm starting to catch up to him now.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks

Neighborhood garage sales begin today. Daughter is helping run a lemonade stand, so I'm making it project day in the garage. Mainly focused on doing woodburning right now, because it's relaxing and this week is all about low stress. I'll eventually work my way back to mill and lathe work, still have a power feed to install and also some 1911 slide milling for practice.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My Lil PeepHoles.!!

Des Moines has a lot going on this week - weekend.

Wakonda CC has the yearly Senior Pro Tour starting today. My grandson & I have tickets. We shall see.

It's only 2 blocks over from where I/we live - so it's right there.

-======================================-

Gotta go get my bike from the Omaha/Council Bluffs dealership that did the estimate.

Oh -- I didn't tell ya about that.?

Well on my return trip from Salida CO to Des Moines [about 20 minutes into the 820 mile ride back home and the end of a 3200 mile week trip] 20 deer ran from behind me @ the 4:00 o'clock position heading on a dead sprint to the 10:00 o'clock position.

I almost made it past #1 who was leading the pack as I steadily rode to the left hand lane on 285..behind #1 was #2 and outside of #2 was #3. As they group neared #3 bumped #2 into my right side fairing of my 2 month old new Husqvarna Norden 901 Expedition.!!

Fairing has a hole the size of my head but no internals were damaged.

I amazingly kept it upright.

I assessed the damage and continued to ride the 800 miles home stopping frequently to assess any leaks etc.

Taped up the coolant reservoir to hold it more solidly and made it home.

$1400 later and a 3 months wait for the needed parts I get to ride my new girl back to Iowa from Omaha area tomorrow morning looking just like it went to them 2 days ago.

YAY....I think.

I am counting my blessings, of course - knowing that I have no idea how I kept the scoot upright with that gaggle of 150-180# deer bearing down on me.

I didn't get hurt either - so a lot of plusses and 1 minus....it's all good - it's just parts.

IMG20230523172600(1).jpg

IMG20230523172546(1).jpg

IMG20230523172551.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good Morning : My Lil PeepHoles.!!

Des Moines has a lot going on this week - weekend.

Wakonda CC has the yearly Senior Pro Tour starting today. My grandson & I have tickets. We shall see.

It's only 2 blocks over from where I/we live - so it's right there.

-======================================-

Gotta go get my bike from the Omaha/Council Bluffs dealership that did the estimate.

Oh -- I didn't tell ya about that.?

Well on my return trip from Salida CO to Des Moines [about 20 minutes into the 820 mile ride back home and the end of a 3200 mile week trip] 20 deer ran from behind me @ the 4:00 o'clock position heading on a dead sprint to the 10:00 o'clock position.

I almost made it past #1 who was leading the pack as I steadily rode to the left hand lane on 285..behind #1 was #2 and outside of #2 was #3. As they group neared #3 bumped #2 into my right side fairing of my 2 month old new Husqvarna Norden 901 Expedition.!!

Fairing has a hole the size of my head but no internals were damaged.

I amazingly kept it upright.

I assessed the damage and continued to ride the 800 miles home stopping frequently to assess any leaks etc.

Taped up the coolant reservoir to hold it more solidly and made it home.

$1400 later and a 3 months wait for the needed parts I get to ride my new girl back to Iowa from Omaha area tomorrow morning looking just like it went to them 2 days ago.

YAY....I think.

I am counting my blessings, of course - knowing that I have no idea how I kept the scoot upright with that gaggle of 150-180# deer bearing down on me.

I didn't get hurt either - so a lot of plusses and 1 minus....it's all good - it's just parts.

View attachment 279254

View attachment 279255

View attachment 279256

WOW .... your number wasn't up ! (thankfully)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom