THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Having an MM back day today. Been having pain levels in the range of what I'd call from the 3 - 6 range for the last few months (varying levels down the leg, in different spots depending on where the nerves are squeezed on any given day by my lack of disc material), but today it kicked up to about 11 on a scale of 1-10 and curving from lower back to right through front of quadricep.

Elevated the desk to standing and the occasional scream of pain when moving was the standard for the day.

Ortho Dr appt mid day tomorrow. Hopefully can get some steroids and some nerve pain meds to take the edge off to be able to sit in the car for some upcoming hours of travel.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Having an MM back day today. Been having pain levels in the range of what I'd call from the 3 - 6 range for the last few months (varying levels down the leg, in different spots depending on where the nerves are squeezed km any given day by my lack of disc material), but today it kicked up to about 11 on a scale of 1-10 and curving from lower back to right through front of quadricep.

Elevated the desk to standing and the occasional scream of pain when moving was the standard for the day.

Ortho Dr appt mid day tomorrow. Hopefully can get some steroids and some nerve pain meds to take the edge off to be able to sit in the car for some upcoming hours of travel.

Oh dang ... that's not good, WS ! Obviously, I'm not a doctor, but it might be time to get the high-powered stuff that they inject between your vertebrae (a combo of steroids & lidocaine). It's an outpatient procedure.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Having an MM back day today. Been having pain levels in the range of what I'd call from the 3 - 6 range for the last few months (varying levels down the leg, in different spots depending on where the nerves are squeezed km any given day by my lack of disc material), but today it kicked up to about 11 on a scale of 1-10 and curving from lower back to right through front of quadricep.

I feel for ya'. I recently had to travel by plane during a lower back flare up. I would have jumped out had the window opened. I (seriously) almost rented a car to drive home so I could stop as needed but 12 hours of driving v. two hours of flying.

Hope the steroids take the edge off for you.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Maybe. I really like my Scorpions. Having one in .22LR might be entertaining, and depending, decent for training.
    I agree, though I'll have to look up and see how heavy it is. Back when I was at NRAAM in 2019 and got to handle a scorpion I thought they were a bit heavy. Of course I also thought the Sig MPX was expensive even back then (little did I know I should have bought one as they got ridiculous after that and then certain barrel length configs became unobtanium. I was worried about the whole gen 1 gen 2 thing, etc).

I really like having a dedicated 22 LR trainer that has all the same controls as other defense guns I have (in this case I'd end up buying a 9mm and a 22) as I don't have a scorpion currently. I'd like to get one in pistol config once the legal stupidity over braces is done.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I agree, though I'll have to look up and see how heavy it is. Back when I was at NRAAM in 2019 and got to handle a scorpion I thought they were a bit heavy. Of course I also thought the Sig MPX was expensive even back then (little did I know I should have bought one as they got ridiculous after that and then certain barrel length configs became unobtanium. I was worried about the whole gen 1 gen 2 thing, etc).

I really like having a dedicated 22 LR trainer that has all the same controls as other defense guns I have (in this case I'd end up buying a 9mm and a 22) as I don't have a scorpion currently. I'd like to get one in pistol config once the legal stupidity over braces is done.
    I should have both at the Proteq Open House if you want to try them. Though, I have changed out the usual things that people change out on them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did another trip down to HHRP after work tonight. This time, I was practicing with 1911s and the P10C on a timer. Basically, 4 rounds into an 8x10 sheet at 7 yards timed. Yesterday, I was averaging about 2.8 seconds and got down to about 2.2 with the P07 in .40 and near 2 seconds with the 9mm P07.

I started at about 2.8 seconds with the full size .45s, getting down to about 2.1 seconds. I got under 2 seconds with the 9mm 1911 and P10C but dropped shots on both in getting there. I was close to 2 seconds with the DW A2 Commander as the best effort over two days.

All of that sucks compared to a real shooter, but I'm happy with it for now

5ed37546613a6a9c27fac7a661a2192f.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom