THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I decided to make today the first day of a 2+ weeks break from work.

I came down with a sudden and acute case of anal glaucoma.
    That means more time for INGO, so that will be healthy!

Not sure if that's a cure for what ails ya. Still not sure what ails ya. Pretty sure I don't wanna know. But I bet we can help with the mental illness thing mentioned above!

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    That means more time for INGO, so that will be healthy!

Not sure if that's a cure for what ails ya. Still not sure what ails ya. Pretty sure I don't wanna know. But I bet we can help with the mental illness thing mentioned above!
    The aforementioned anal glaucoma is no joke. I simply can't see my a** going to work today.....

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    f3086a5c0999b05f0eb2969581014b83.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I made the move from "team member" to "team leader" recently. The amount of actual work is WAY down but annoyance is up. Been thinking about going back to just being a cog in the machine.

Similar here, I went from a Sr Analyst to a Team lead at the end of November. My work has gone WAY up, as has the annoyance. I'm dealing with it by not giving as much of a :poop: anymore. I do my job and just let the annoyances go. So far it's working well. We'll see how it goes long term.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Similar here, I went from a Sr Analyst to a Team lead at the end of November. My work has gone WAY up, as has the annoyance. I'm dealing with it by not giving as much of a :poop: anymore. I do my job and just let the annoyances go. So far it's working well. We'll see how it goes long term.
    That's been my key change as well. I spent a couple of years driving hard to make our team as functional as possible only to figure out that my boss was not on board with the actual direction that he had given. I stopped caring. I do my job and still out produce/perform the remainder of the team but I let go of the idea that I was responsible for bringing the rest of the team up a notch.

Now, I do my job and at the end of the day, I put the tools down and focus my attention elsewhere.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's been my key change as well. I spent a couple of years driving hard to make our team as functional as possible only to figure out that my boss was not on board with the actual direction that he had given. I stopped caring. I do my job and still out produce/perform the remainder of the team but I let go of the idea that I was responsible for bringing the rest of the team up a notch.

Now, I do my job and at the end of the day, I put the tools down and focus my attention elsewhere.

Yep, exactly. I have success with some of the team adopting better documentation and striving to meet our internal SLAs. Then there are Sr level people who ignore it. I don't care. Let them do want they want. I'll keep my work solid and have success stories to show from team members who still care. It's enough for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom