• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Id rather have them not take a case that they don't really need to than take one that ends up being bad for 2A purposes. The SCt is really the "long game" in our system.
    I think the election had a huge impact on the 2A, and that may have historically been the biggest case SCOTUS could have heard in my lifetime so far (aside from heller). Time will tell.

Otherwise I generally agree with your statement. I don’t think they should take every case in front of them, nor do I think we should weaponize any branch of government.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Id rather have them not take a case that they don't really need to than take one that ends up being bad for 2A purposes. The SCt is really the "long game" in our system.
    If they dick around too long the left could attack the court and pack it with liberal activists. This would effectively destroy the checks and balances designed into our government. At that point the constitution would be just so much paper for them to ignore. The consequences of that could be catastrophic for America.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If they dick around too long the left could attack the court and pack it with liberal activists. This would effectively destroy the checks and balances designed into our government. At that point the constitution would be just so much paper for them to ignore. The consequences of that could be catastrophic for America.
    THIS ^^^^. Just like Ruthie should have been more strategic vis a vis her retirement dirt nap, IMO SCOTUS should have heard the Texas suit. Failing to confront the corruption of the electoral process has placed them under the gun for at least two years solely in order to avoid hard choices now - unless, of course, their conservative members welcome court-packing the way some Republicans welcome minority status - because it allows them to talk big about fighting the good fight without having to deliver. I exempt justice Thomas from this criticism based on body of work. To my mind, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett have yet to show me anything

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Pelosi making money off stocks, when she sits on committees who affect the potential earnings of the companies she is purchasing the stick from

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

How living in China changed my view on Trump and US politics: Californian native​

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, Trump stuff is around 17:27

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

How living in China changed my view on Trump and US politics: Californian native​

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, Trump stuff is around 17:27

I don’t understand. The guy rambles but offers no reasons to origins of his epiphany. Ok you moved to China. While there you hear about how China is attempting to be less reliant on western tech? What’s the problem? Then you say that the way China intends to accomplish that goal, is through stealing tech. Unless he’s 008, why would he need to go to China to find that out? I doubt he’s privy to those plans, so what makes going to China relevant. We all know China steals tech.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The bidiot is attempting to show how woke he is by renewing efforts to replace some of the founding fathers on US Currency , Plans are underway for putting Harriet Tubman on new currency - I heard the $20 bill this time.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I think this is proof the country doesn't have much longer to survive. People legitimately can not comprehend that they have to pay taxes, while protesting against tax cuts, and then not understanding that a tax return isn't a personal savings account.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think this is proof the country doesn't have much longer to survive. People legitimately can not comprehend that they have to pay taxes, while protesting against tax cuts, and then not understanding that a tax return isn't a personal savings account.

Okay. How ‘bout this? End tipping. She might like the paycheck she gets a little better then but it may take her awhile to figure out she’s making less money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom