• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How will the attack on the 2A unfold?

• It will be done legislatively

Votes: 6 10.2%
    • It will be done by executive fiat

Votes: 8 13.6%
    • Biden will sign executive orders immediately that will be later confirmed by congressional action

Votes: 45 76.3%

• Total voters

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The house has already introduced this sessions first legislation bills and they are an interesting bunch. These are the ones specifically pertaining to the infringements on the 2A: (there are quite a few ...
    Interstate reciprocity of carry licenses and removing suppressors from the NFA are infringements on the 2A? Now yes there are some that from the title definitely are, at least it appears so without reading the text. And a couple could go either way. But no need to list everything firearm related and say they are all infringements to make the numbers appear more or the situation more dire.

Now I have a question, how does that list differ from last year or the year before? I'd be willing to bet that the majority of them if not all appeared in the last 2 legislative sessions if not more.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No way that happens, IMO. That would be a serious overreach of executive power and I'm fairly certain the Supreme Court would act quickly as it steps on multiple case precedents.

Same thing as the Trump EO suspending the payroll tax. Did your check go up? Mine sure didn't.
    I have to disagree. Obama put DACA in place by EO cut from whole cloth, not filling in a gray space in legislation. Trump tried to remove it by EO and got smacked down in court.

As it stands I wouldn't count on the Supreme Court for Jack ****.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I guess my question is, if I'm arrested for having an EO-banned item, under what statue will I be prosecuted?
    You are assuming they will go by the law when they have made it clear they don't give 3/16 of a damn about the law unless it just happens to be convenient for them. If they can steal an election and launch two bogus impeachment they certainly aren't go to give a second thought to burying you under the jailhouse over a bogus law.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Looks like we need to add the option of "deplatforming in conjunction with tech partners" after what happened to AR-15.com.
    Ohio Gun Owners, Minnesota Gun Rights, and several 2A groups on Facebook were purged today. The groups had large followings and were well known to be scams associated with the Dorr brothers, but it’s alarming nonetheless to see Facebook moving in to shutdown pro-2A voices. I manage a twitter feed for a state org and its followers are down about 30% in the last month.

Big tech is way too powerful and aligned against us.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    So what happens if you are a DOD employee stationed overseas and they make something illegal that you have in long term storage? Or at your original home of record, but you can't get back there to comply? Just something that comes to mind as I'm overseas...
    Hope you have friends who will retrieve those for you.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    From what ive read to move swiftly they would have to change some rules in the senate. Currently you effectively need 60 votes not 51. They could change the rule but they may not as when the senate eventually changes hands again it could work in favor for the other party.

If you are of the mind that everything is rigged and GOP will never have power again, they'll change the rule and steamroll the 2A.

EOs? Yeah they are coming for sure.

Obama said not getting more done on the 2A was one of his biggest regrets.

This is his 2nd chance.

Top Bottom