• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How will the attack on the 2A unfold?

• It will be done legislatively

Votes: 6 10.2%
    • It will be done by executive fiat

Votes: 8 13.6%
    • Biden will sign executive orders immediately that will be later confirmed by congressional action

Votes: 45 76.3%

• Total voters

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I, normally stay out of political discussions, but, this is to important to dismiss.
    I believe that there will be executive orders quickly.......
    1. Assault weapons ban 2.0, which include semi auto rifles, mags greater than 10 rounds, "high capacity" semi auto pistols, and suppressors.
    2. There will be NO grandfather clause, so, if you have them, you can't keep them.
    3. There will be NO sunset clause, so that it will never go away unless Congress legislates it away.
    These EOs will be quickly followed up with supporting legislation, to be challenged in the Supreme Court as an unconstitutional challenge. The outcome of which is in much doubt.
    I believe you will be allowed a certain amount of time to "turn in" your registered weapons, then confiscation will begin.
    It's going to be a very stressful and dangerous time for the next 6 months, or so, until this all gets clearer.
    Be prepared, make plans, be ready for a very rough time coming up.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    1. Executive Order(s)
    2. {insert} Open the Schools in spite of COVID “For the Children”
    3. {insert} School Shooting by bullied kid unable to socialize following months being locked in home and munching on Ritalin like skittles because mommy can’t handle him being home.
      Swift legislation (Federal and State) “For the Children”
    4. Slow action by SCOTUS waiting for 2A cases to drift through lower courts because they are afraid of the Constitution.
    5. Shovel shortage will rival current Ammo shortage.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    1. Assault weapons ban 2.0, which include semi auto rifles, mags greater than 10 rounds, "high capacity" semi auto pistols, and suppressors.
    2. There will be NO grandfather clause, so, if you have them, you can't keep them.
    3. There will be NO sunset clause, so that it will never go away unless Congress legislates it away.

No way that happens, IMO. That would be a serious overreach of executive power and I'm fairly certain the Supreme Court would act quickly as it steps on multiple case precedents.

Same thing as the Trump EO suspending the payroll tax. Did your check go up? Mine sure didn't.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sad that the Executive Order has so been twisted that it is no longer what it was designed for.

Originally it was for the president to demand a law be properly enforced or explained. For instance, it was George Bush the First that demanded by Executive Order that ATF come up with an explanation of "sporting purpose" as noted in the unconstitutional 1968 GCA. His EO is what led to 922(r).

The idea of using an EO to make a law or rule goes against the true purpose of an EO but lately the law of the land has not been followed, as evidence by the 2nd amendment infringements.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    1. Executive Order(s)
    2. {insert} Open the Schools in spite of COVID “For the Children”
    3. {insert} School Shooting by bullied kid unable to socialize following months being locked in home and munching on Ritalin like skittles because mommy can’t handle him being home.
      Swift legislation (Federal and State) “For the Children”
    4. Slow action by SCOTUS waiting for 2A cases to drift through lower courts because they are afraid of the Constitution.
    5. Shovel shortage will rival current Ammo shortage.

Don't forget: "Kids, turn in your parents and relatives if they have a weapon." campaigns across the country.
    It is happening RIGHT NOW with the "turn in people that went to DC on Jan. 6" Hell, there are billboards in Anderson saying this.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Don't forget: "Kids, turn in your parents and relatives if they have a weapon." campaigns across the country.
    It is happening RIGHT NOW with the "turn in people that went to DC on Jan. 6" Hell, there are billboards in Anderson saying this.
    Mao would be pleased.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Same thing as the Trump EO suspending the payroll tax. Did your check go up? Mine sure didn't.
    I believe that was up to the company to do that. I opted out since it was unknown at the time if it would have to be paid nack

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No way that happens, IMO. That would be a serious overreach of executive power and I'm fairly certain the Supreme Court would act quickly as it steps on multiple case precedents.

Mine did. Understand that the "payroll tax" that was suspended was only FICA (OASDI), not federal income tax. Now we'll be paying it back over the course of 2021 with an additional deduction to make up for the portion that was suspended. And actually "suspended" isn't really accurate. "Deferred" is the proper term.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The leftists are lining up with great ideas. Hopefully they go full confiscation like Biden/Harris and their supporters proposed. I am curious how many of us they are willing to kill before they think it is a bad idea.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    So what happens if you are a DOD employee stationed overseas and they make something illegal that you have in long term storage? Or at your original home of record, but you can't get back there to comply? Just something that comes to mind as I'm overseas...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So what happens if you are a DOD employee stationed overseas and they make something illegal that you have in long term storage? Or at your original home of record, but you can't get back there to comply? Just something that comes to mind as I'm overseas...
    If it is like some of the state actions, they will have free turn ins later on as well because they get hardly any compliance at all.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I, normally stay out of political discussions, but, this is to important to dismiss.
    These EOs will be quickly followed up with supporting legislation, to be challenged in the Supreme Court as an unconstitutional challenge. The outcome of which is in much doubt.
    I believe you will be allowed a certain amount of time to "turn in" your registered weapons, then confiscation will begin.
    It's going to be a very stressful and dangerous time for the next 6 months, or so, until this all gets clearer.
    Be prepared, make plans, be ready for a very rough time coming up.

I know of a man that tried this ******** back in April of 1775. It did not turn out too well for him or for the minions he sent to do his dirty work.

Top Bottom