• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    The Boone Co. (IN) Sheriff's Office has issued 1911s for years, and their deputies train at Gunsite. Their former sheriff is now CEO at Gunsite, and these cops train a LOT.

Not sure if they still do, but the warrant team at the Marion Co. Sheriff's Office used to carry 1911s if you went through the additional training.

To steal a line from one of the best car movies ever, The Gumball Rally, some things get meaner as they get older....

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    None where I've had to pull the trigger myself, but I've seen the immediate results of a few that would run a 1911 dry in short order. Jake Laird and Jason Baker come to mind.

Your turn, hero.

So, if Laird and Baker had been carrying Glocks they would have survived?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A 1911 is good; even better with air support.
    I took my grandfather to see that show. He was in tears watching the invasion. He was a combat engineer and he fought all the way into Germany. He never told about his combat experiences, but he told a lot about how him and his buddies would get drunk on different occasions when they found wine usually. How many times he was promoted to Sgt then demoted to Private lol.

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    It's been 30 years since I shot bowling pins or steal with a 1911 so...
    I got myself a little Philippine made beater and its been a Blast (pun intended).
    Some day maybe I'll upgrade but so far after about a year or so, this one shoots just fine.
    I do love dreaming through the pages of this book !

Attachments

• IMG_4562.JPG
      IMG_4562.JPG
      2 MB · Views: 8

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Shooting a 1911 has a different feel than other guns and can be addictive. It's hard to not love a 1911 if you have shot one a bunch
    I just bought one this year. A Springfield Ronin 45acp. My boy got me a RIA Ultra FS 10MM 1911. I've shot 1911's for years my dad's and my Grandfather's WWII issued which he said he put in his duffel bag and brought home. I find your statement to be true. I'm still wanting the Ronin in 10mm though.

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    One feature that I find most astonishing in a 1911 is that it can be disassembled without any tools: all you need is a .45ACP cartridge to take out the grip screws, and then you use parts of the gun itself as the tools to continue the disassembly process.

I did it, and figured it out on the first try.

By contrast, my H&K VP9 requires special pliers to remove one of the springs...

Top Bottom